Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How do you store it? Help would be apprciated. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-store-help-would-apprciated-t190586.html)

bearisgray 06-02-2012 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5259368)
I bought a clear plastic stand that is about 14" long and about 5" wide and has pockets along the outside of both sides. I store so many things in it. In the middle part I store larger things. Some quilter made it for quilters and I bought it about 3 years ago. I can't remember the name of it. It even has a strap on it. It has binding all around the edges. It looks very professional. I keep so many of my items in it. All my pens, my glues, my needles, pencils, feet, some smaller rulers, etc. I can see everything since it's clear plastic. Wish I would have kept the receipt so I would know the name of it. I saw it in a magazine back when.

Could/Would you post a photo of it? Sounds very useful - but I'm not quite visualizing what it looks like.

LynnVT 06-02-2012 07:26 AM

Whatever you do, make sure you can easily see what's in it, or label on the outside. You KNOW you will forget where each item is, and who wants to go opening a million drawers and boxes, however cute they are. At least that's how it is with me.

Becky Crafts 06-02-2012 07:40 AM

DH is a woodworker and has made me several beautiful wooden boxes with closures so if they fall over, nothing spills out. I love them! The main one has a little tray in it so I have lots of storage for those little things that get lost elsewhere.

garysgal 06-02-2012 08:14 PM

I went to Harbor Freight and bought one of theose 3 tiered things that spin. there is a small tray on top, a med. size one then a larger one. the things I don't use all the time go in this, and the things I use more often I keep in a container near my sewing machine.

miriam 06-03-2012 02:47 AM

Silverware divider, ice cube trays put in drawers

Pat625 06-03-2012 02:56 AM

Darn....what great ideas!!My stuff is so scattered that at times it is easier to go and buy than find what I am looking for!! The basics I keep in a sewing box, and then have a seperate container for the supplies for the current project I am working on.

Cindy60545 06-03-2012 03:17 AM

Stackable containers here. I have a couple on rollers, one for my longarm & one for the sewing machines. Each machine has their own drawer for instruction manuals & accessories. I use the smaller ones (3 drawers high) for cutting, marking, glues, beads, etc. the smaller stuff, next to my cutting table on a bookshelf. You can find them cheap enough at the discount stores like Dollar General, Walmart, etc. I have bigger ones stacked under my cutting table to hold rulers, templates, etc.

rob529 06-03-2012 03:52 AM

I have a tackle box for general sewing supplies. I use a small tote, about the size to hold 2 pairs of shoes, to hold all small quilting supplies. I love my quilting box, so good to know it's all in one place.
Robin in TX

Edie 06-03-2012 04:05 AM

That's what I use - find them at garage sales (Now why would anyone want to get rid of such an important piece of whatever you want to call it. I just got three the other day, stackable, 7"wide, 9" long and 1-1/2" deep (three drawers - total 9 drawers to play around with. I also got a six drawer cabinet (plastic) for my fabric that I keep in the basement in my "other area". You can walk down an alley and people get rid of stuff like a four shelf wooden bookcase I got for stacking my fabrics in my sewing area for nothing. People write free on it and away it goes. I know of a lingerie cabinet that is going to be put in our alley at any time now. I am really thinking about that one - seven drawers - wood - the only bad thing is that some of the veneer is off of one of the drawers. Doesn't hurt the fabric any, or patterns or general storage. That's how I get my stuff!!!!! Old, el cheapo me. You should see the beautiful torchiere lamp I got from a neighbor just before it was going to go out in the alley. I has a high density light in the middle of the floor lamp that is like a gooseneck lamp only more pliable and I can see so much better with my sewing machine (sewing machine lights are for the birds)!!!!!!!

Keep your drawers clean and full!!!!!!!!

Edie

MYWR 06-03-2012 04:29 AM

I have a clear - over-the-door shoe storage on the inside of my door for all types of things: pens, pencils, extra rotatory blades, used rotary blades, needles of varying sizes, tape, tape measures, - you get the idea . . . I also have a bulletin board where I hang up my most frequently used rulers, scissors, and rotary cutter - also have a swiffer on there which I use almost every day, to reduce the dust which seems to be generated. hope that heps.