Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   HOW DO YOU USE YOUR QUILTS? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-use-your-quilts-t58134.html)

weatheread 08-07-2010 03:35 AM

I make mine to love and use My grandmother told me her hand quilted quilts were never to be stored in a plastic bag on a shelf she made them to be used and loved and I still feel her love when I cover up with one of her quilts or see my great grandbaby taking a nap on one in the floor , I just hope someday one of my quilts will be as cherished as hers are

weatheread 08-07-2010 03:36 AM

I make mine to love and use My grandmother told me her hand quilted quilts were never to be stored in a plastic bag on a shelf she made them to be used and loved and I still feel her love when I cover up with one of her quilts or see my great grandbaby taking a nap on one in the floor , I just hope someday one of my quilts will be as cherished as hers are

mms61371 08-07-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Mine are made to be used and abused. I want to see them being loved to the point of falling apart that way I have an excuse to make more.

I agree! Any excuse to make more! :thumbup:

wolph33 08-07-2010 06:20 AM

I use them and my kids and grandkids always use them til they are worn-thats why I make them to use,unless it is a wallhanging

tooMuchFabric 08-07-2010 06:49 AM

[quote=fryguymoore

FryGuyMoore,
Please post a very large picture of the avatar paper pieced block you are showing!
I love this and would like to see it better.
It is very striking.

Parrothead 08-07-2010 07:06 AM

Growing up a quilt was always a part of our bedding, like a blanket. Only a few of our quilts are "fancy" enough to be spreads. My children, however, use them as a comfort thing when you don't feel good as well as using them for covers. All of our quilts are made to be used.

golo8 08-07-2010 07:21 AM

I love to make quilts of all kinds... so the ones that I keep are usually from swaps which I use or really pretty applique that I hang on my quilt ladder. I use a lot of them for decoration in my home, but if some one wants to grap one and use it it is okay with me... thats why I make them to use them....

klgreene 08-07-2010 08:00 AM

I make mine to be used. I consider anything I've sewn together as patchwork as quilts. I'm making just a coaster size for the girls at my doctors office to put their coffee cups on. I make wall hangings, to be hung on the wall. I make lap size to snuggle with, and bed size as the top quilt, and I don't fold it up, it's used. Gifts I hope are used. Why make something just to keep it folded up in the closet. I was affraid to use them when I first started hand quilting in the 80's, but mine have held up very well.

purplefiend 08-07-2010 09:07 AM

My quilts are meant to be used, if it wears out I'll make another one.
Sharon

carisensei 08-07-2010 09:18 AM

I am just starting out and I will make several small ones before I try a bed-sized one. I have an idea to make "seasonal" ones to change out and hang them as a wall hanging in the hall going to our kitchen. That way I can make lots of them and I don't have to make them too big. :D