Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How does a person act proud and humble at the same time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-does-person-act-proud-humble-same-time-t27764.html)

Jeannie 10-28-2009 05:29 AM

Thank you for doing this. Very generous.

Shemjo 10-28-2009 06:08 AM

Congratulations! The answer is yes! You did!

reneebobby 10-28-2009 06:26 AM

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great job keep us posted on how much it made.

kat112000 10-29-2009 05:54 AM

Toot that horn loud!!

Esqmommy 10-29-2009 05:58 AM

Actually ER, you have just demonstrated to all of us "how to act proud and humble at the same time" - congrats and I hope it is auctioned to a loving home...perhaps it will get to a survivor...

Olivia's Grammy 10-29-2009 06:07 AM

Can I toot my horn early? My DD just asked me how much it would cost to make a quilt? Who's knows? I never keep up with cost. It's for an auction at her Ladies Group at her church. I told her I could donate one, but she said they didn't need it until March so I'll make her one in pink and brown the groups colors. I am just so happy that my DD goes to church.

Mousie 10-29-2009 06:12 AM

It's a great question, bc when i first came to QuBoard, I was so used to being very, very modest, and saw ppl being very comfortable with their talents and hard work.
I haven't quite got a handle on not being sensitive about showing my stuff, bc although I can whip out a little dress, a tote, a bear, etc...things I am used to...showing quilts amongst quilters still scares me.
I know it shouldn't, and when I see others stuff that they claim a flaw in, I just think it's endearing...I know how hard they worked...why can't I do the same about mine? :roll:
You are doing a great job of giving me a good example, edi...lead on! :D
There are sections in the newspaper for these things, and ppl eat it up. Somebody really should call them. Hope your son visits soon too. :D

Joan 10-29-2009 06:34 AM

You have plently of reason to feel proud.

In my heart of hearts, it's efforts like this that I hope will beat this disease.

mjsylvstr 10-29-2009 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Edie..........Congrats....how great you must feel....

My group of quilters have been making pillowcases for the juvenile victims of cancer. We make them, take them to a LQS, who in turn, deliver them to the hospitals.

If anyone is interested in the project, the website is....

www.conkerrcancer.org

Below is a photo of my group on our first trip delivering cases to the LQS.....and remember that a day at a new quilt shop can be a big + to our main cause....after discovering all that they had to offer, we made a day of shopping shops along the route home.

Again...congrats on your quilt...I hope that they make lots more $$$$$.

MJ in NJ

our ladies and our cases.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52052[/ATTACH]

kd124 10-29-2009 10:41 AM

Congratulations on making a quilt that is generating good sales for a great cause. You should be proud of yourself!