Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How does a person act proud and humble at the same time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-does-person-act-proud-humble-same-time-t27764.html)

Edie 10-27-2009 01:18 PM

I am so proud of all the people who donated to the raffle for The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk in St. Paul, Minnesota. I made a quilt for the raffle and it will be raffled off on November 15. I was told today that so far the St. Paul Corner Drug has received over $1,200.00 for raffle tickets for the quilt.

I am humble because I was asked to make a quilt for the cause. I had a lot of fun making it. It was a pleasure and a joy.

Thank you for letting me toot my horn! Edie

mytwopals 10-27-2009 01:24 PM

Congratulations on a job well done. Two thumbs up!!

patricej 10-27-2009 01:24 PM

it's absolutely ok to be proud of yourself, too, for making the quilt. AND you qualify for well-earned pride in a quilt that's making so much for such a good cause.

good girl!!! :P

Olivia's Grammy 10-27-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
I am so proud of all the people who donated to the raffle for The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk in St. Paul, Minnesota. I made a quilt for the raffle and it will be raffled off on November 15. I was told today that so far the St. Paul Corner Drug has received over $1,200.00 for raffle tickets for the quilt.

I am humble because I was asked to make a quilt for the cause. I had a lot of fun making it. It was a pleasure and a joy.

Thank you for letting me toot my horn! Edie

Are you going to post a picture?

billswife99 10-27-2009 01:38 PM

You should be VERY proud! We do what we can do to help and your contribution has certainly been helpful!
And I want to see it too.

harrishwhippets 10-27-2009 01:50 PM

Congrats, a job well done, we will be proud for you as well!!!! :D

Ninnie 10-27-2009 01:51 PM

Way to go!! You should be proud, and congratulations on raising so much money!!

Edie 10-27-2009 01:52 PM

You know, I can quilt, I can embroider, I can cook and I can do whatever. But I'll be darned if I can figure out how to put a picture on the screen here. The only picture I have is a digital and it is of it hanging on the clothesline. So I have it there. Getting it here is a horse of a different color. Our son put the picture of our dog on a quilt (her favorite thing to do - lay down or sit on a quilt that I haven't finished yet and lets me know that she is not going to move). He talks fast (the son) and I don't understand a word he says - He is a wizard with computers (his job) and I still don't understand what he is doing. I'll see if he will put it on the next time he comes into town - or at least write down exactly what I am supposed to do - item by item. Edie

Thanks! :D

Moonpi 10-27-2009 02:00 PM

Congrats! check your pm.

Janstar 10-27-2009 02:01 PM

Good for you and you should be very proud of yourself. Don't worry, it took me forever to learn how to post a photo on here. You'll get it!!