Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How good are you at THROWING AWAY???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-good-you-throwing-away-t143904.html)

quiltmagnet 08-10-2011 10:02 AM

I give mine to my friend or now my daughter who sews and now quilts so she can use the pieces in any of those area

sewmary 08-10-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn

Originally Posted by jmabby
I only keep things that are even strips or squares, no scraps

Me too - and only then if I really like it. Otherwise it goes in the scrap basket, lined with a grocery bag... when it starts overflowing I tie it up and in the trash it goes!

Amen. Only so many scraps you can really ever use. I was driving myself crazy keeping all those little pieces.

MS quilter 08-10-2011 10:18 AM

What you won't or can't use, someone on here can or there's a young, or new quilter, or group that can use them. PLEASE don't throw them out.

roserips 08-10-2011 10:30 AM

That's the secret you give it away, and you feel so much better and your room is cleaner and you made someone else very happy. I have to do that as well every now and then.

shnnn 08-10-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by MS quilter
What you won't or can't use, someone on here can or there's a young, or new quilter, or group that can use them. PLEASE don't throw them out.

I know... I've been thinking about that.... my last full bag is actually still sitting next to the garbage can wondering where it will end up...

gollytwo 08-10-2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I've given a few boxes to some quilters here on the QB, but mostly take to the thrift store. I sent a large box (about 15 yds)to someone a while back - stating up front "I have a smoker in the house" I got a nasty note back complaining about the smell. She didn't feel she should have had to wash the stuff. Well it was free and I paid for the shipping too. So I just give to the thift store.

I had the same reaction from someone who complained about cat hairs.
I've become very selective about whose requests I respond to.

gollytwo 08-10-2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by LindaDeeter

Originally Posted by carslo
I have done 4 PIF boxes :)

What is a PIF box??

Pass it forward

luvTooQuilt 08-10-2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn

Originally Posted by MS quilter

I know... I've been thinking about that.... my last full bag is actually still sitting next to the garbage can wondering where it will end up...

my house ?!?!?!?!

:XD: :thumbup: :XD:

sandy l 08-10-2011 10:49 AM

I cleared out all my "not going to use that, why did I buy that, I'll never use those scraps" by giving them to my friends' mother for her quilt group. Didn't hurt a bit and now I have empty space on shelves to start re-filling :)

Tweety2911 08-10-2011 11:08 AM

I give them away to organizations that make charity quilts.