Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many quilt projects do you usually have going at once? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilt-projects-do-you-usually-have-going-once-t165859.html)

GiddyUpGo 11-03-2011 08:14 PM

How many quilt projects do you usually have going at once?

Just curious ... back when I was knitting obsessively I'd have five or six projects on needles at the same time. Now that I'm doing quilts I have only one project in the works, but I'm kind of itching to put it on hold to do a couple of other seasonal-type projects. For some reason, the idea makes me feel guilty (maybe it's because my project-in-the-works is a quilt for my daughter, who is eagerly awaiting its completion).

Just wondering how many of you work on multiple projects at the same time, vs just forging ahead with one.

Camping Angel 11-03-2011 08:19 PM

I have four current projects. A few more stashed away "somewhere". I promised myself I would finish all my current projects now before starting something new. Maybe by New Years I can get an all new, exciting project going.

Lmiller1647 11-03-2011 08:55 PM

More than one project at a time!

I have a couple projects I have started but once I start the hand quilting, then it is only one project at a time. But I have lots of ideas I want to try.

createfourpaws 11-03-2011 09:05 PM

I am currently working on about 5 toddler quilts at the moment. I always have more than one going at a time.

grandmaemma 11-03-2011 09:28 PM

I have one quilt I just completed for my granddaughter and completing another that I am doing for me. The reason I procrastinated on my granddaughter's is because I couldn't decide how to back it plus was nervous I'd mess it up..BUT...it turned out sooo nice. I ended up using Minkey on the back.

trif 11-03-2011 09:29 PM

I usually have two quilts in the making and often do smaller projects on a whim, I'm not one to have UFO'S, makes me crazy to have things left incomplete.

BETTY62 11-03-2011 09:37 PM

I have 3 I am working on and several morestuffed in the closet.

Rainy Day 11-03-2011 09:37 PM

1. Elmer Quilt (1024 pieces, lots of colours, queen size, needs twenty more blocks made, then sewn up, quilted and bound)
2. Mini quilt - needs hangers
3. Lucky Door prize for the Aboriginal Elders Lunch (lap quilt binding needs hand sewing)
4. HST mix up with whites (cut, hst made,Twin size - for my niece)
5. Purple chinese coin quilt (Needs quilting, binding)
6. Walk around the Block (Needs quilting, binding)
7. Star cushion covers
8. A good long lie down!

quiltsRfun 11-03-2011 09:41 PM

Someone asked me recently if I make lots of quilts. I told them I have lots of quilts I'm making. Does that answer your question?

NanaMomCooper 11-03-2011 10:11 PM

I seem to be working on several at once when piecing the tops because I love to do "scrappy" quilts, some with fabrics I've had since my pregnancies 30+ years ago. I also have a bad ;) habit of buying fat quarters with no specific quilt design in mind. I have made Patricia Cobb's turning 20 again quilt and I participate in the online fab shop hop to receive the quilt block patterns. I have lots of design ideas on graph paper but a big goal is to do a sampler quilt one day.