Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Quilts Do You Make? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilts-do-you-make-t215816.html)

carla m 03-08-2013 03:12 PM

i make laps and baby quilts mostly but i usually get a couple or 3 twin size in there as well and i generally make about 10 per year. i also work full time and dont get to quilt mon thru thurs due to my work schedule since i work 10 hours a day. but that also means i have a 3 day weekend every weekend which has made me more productive the last few years. hopefully they dont ever change it back but people complain about it all the time so it is definately possible.
carla

ube quilting 03-08-2013 03:15 PM

It never stops. I always have several going at one time. I have two bed size quilts on the design board right now and just guessing at the ammount of time, I can cut and piece an average queen size quilt in a weekend. So the answer would be alot!

If my daughter asked that to me I'd tell her to go clean her room!
peace

QuiltnNan 03-08-2013 03:21 PM

when i first started, i usually did 1 med to large quilt a month. i've slowed down some :)

sak658 03-08-2013 03:43 PM

I just finished my third one this year...got 2 more to get done by July...and they are all big quilts..I only work on one project at a time though..

Silver Needle 03-08-2013 04:53 PM

Depends on what I am working on. But I tend to be a slow methodical piecer. So I finish 3 or 4 a year but don't ask about the number of UFO's sitting around.

Ruby the Quilter 03-08-2013 09:38 PM

Like many quilters it depends on what is going on in my life, what quilts I need to make for gifts, how easy or challenging the pattern is and the size. Fortunately I have a long arm so am able to do a quilt from start to finish. My goal is to complete a quilt before I start another one!

Candace 03-08-2013 11:23 PM

Probably 4 or 5 a month. I'm "early retired" so I'm lucky to have at least 4 hours a day of sewing time.

DOTTYMO 03-09-2013 12:08 AM

Oh I make as many as I gain pleasure making. This is a hobby not a race I enjoy finding new patterns but more pleasure from techniques. Start a new one when I feel I want to and work on it as long as I feel satisfied. The quilt police are not time watching or saying when to finish. Enjoy find pleasure and fulfilment from each quilt no matter how quickly it happens or how slowly.satisfaction is yours not others.

IrishgalfromNJ 03-09-2013 02:35 AM

I work full time and I make about four (lap quilt size) a year. This year it will be three.

ckcowl 03-09-2013 04:21 AM

there is no (average) in my world....sometimes i may (throw together) 2 or 3 in a week- some take me 4-5 years or more---in a pinch i can put together a quilt in a weekend if i need to- i don't do many small quilts 95% of mine are queen or king sized & i don't do easy patterns often unless it's a special request- but it still depends on the project- between the donation quilts (downey quilts for kids, the women's resource center shelter mostly) the gifts & the sales i make 15-50 quilts a year...some years are more (productive) than others- some months are busier than others...i may set a week aside to put together donation quilts & make 10 in that week- then i may not make another quilt for 2 or 3 months...i am always working on numerous quilts at one time & sometimes they are (in progress) for 3-4 months-then all of a sudden i may have 6 come together seems like all at once...then a week of quilting them & bindings...it's all an ongoing thing= with no rhyme or reason.