Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Quilts Do You Make? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-quilts-do-you-make-t215816.html)

yweinst 03-09-2013 10:31 AM

I average a quilt a month but so far none of them have been larger than a twin. I figure once I get into larger quilts it will be different...

happylab 03-09-2013 01:20 PM

I average 6-12 finished quilts a year. I usually have another 6-8 quilt tops I do as well. This year I have finished 3 quilts and sewn 2 quilt tops. Like many members here I enjoy the process and planning (which takes a long time for me). I like to try new techniques and patterns.

kaelynangelfoot 03-09-2013 08:20 PM

I started quilting last August. I've completed 5 quilt tops, and quilted the two smallest (a baby and a wall hanging). I also did a quilted tree skirt. There is no such thing as "too fast" or "too many" quilts, as long as you are happy with the finished result! My newest project is a large quilt for my brother. It will have over 200 four-inch square blocks when it is complete and I imagine it will take me quite a long time, although I'd like to have it done by May 31 when he graduates from boot camp.

sniktasemaj 03-10-2013 04:36 AM

I've never counted,but I like to take my time and make something nice, I am in no hurry,except at church outreach where I only sew on Tues. mornings.

nanna-up-north 03-10-2013 04:55 AM

I don't have a regular quota. .... sometimes I'll make a quilt in a week...... sometimes it takes me a year or more to make a quilt. It really depends on the complexity of the quilt and my desire to get it done. I try to get 2 full/queen quilts done a year but there are always a lot of little projects that get in the way.

mhollifiel 03-10-2013 05:06 AM

I'm retired and when not traveling, I am piecing tops for Project Linus and occasionally doing something for DH or other family. Last year I pieced 10 dozen tops for PL and pieced my first Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt. I leave the quilting to my beloved and gifted longarmer friends. My grandmother taught me to quilt when I was in the 5th grade. I have gone years without doing anything quilty. And other years have worked some (mostly scrap) quilting into my other sewing. These days, I don't sew anything other than piecing tops except for an occasional mending job for DH.

Cogito 03-10-2013 05:29 AM

Kalama Quilts said: "I make complicated quilts very slowly. If I were in a hurry I'd buy a blanket."

Haha! My thoughts exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself, thank you. I was starting to feel discouraged for the quilt world.

Vicki I 03-10-2013 05:44 AM

I have been quilting for about 12 years but until I retired last year I didn't have a lot of time for quilting but since I retired I have been quilting up a storm. I still work part-time and volunteer but I gave away 9 quilts for Christmas in 2012. Am on my 3rd for 2013. I also have a longarm quilting business I am trying to get going so I am also quilting for myself and friends and family.
Quilted by Vicki

jbj137 03-10-2013 07:00 AM

As many as I can
-or-
As many as I want to.

nygal 03-10-2013 07:24 AM

To be honest I've never kept track of the number. I quilt in spurts so some years I make more than others. Same with my knitting.