Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-t63637.html)

Olivia's Grammy 09-12-2010 04:41 PM

I have two FWs , one for 1/4" seams and one for flying geese. A Janome 6600, Brother embroidery, serger that I use reguarly. A threadle, hand crank and one machine made in 1877, a 301a, 3 other antique machine and 10 toy machines that collect dust. I have several sewing machine teapots too. I think I am in the right place. :) :-) :) :-)

krabadan 09-12-2010 04:46 PM

I'm afraid I have six! I have a Janome Horizon that I use almost every day, a Featherweight and four Singers of various ages that are my "backups."

snoopyfreak 09-12-2010 06:30 PM

i'm thinking, sewing machines are there to be used. and if you have more than one, you can do more than one project! :)

Dee 09-12-2010 07:54 PM

I have a collection of machines. I gave away 3. I have my grandmothers old 1907 treadle Singer, Viking,Brother,Singer and 1 embroidery/sewing machine and 2 embroidery only and a serger. Each machine has a different features.

zz-pd 09-12-2010 08:25 PM

I have my elna, that i sew on all the time, I have a futura singer embroidrey machine, I have two others that the neighbors were going to give to good well, one is a older model, I have not reasuched them yet, but both of them work. God bless.

Boscobd 09-12-2010 08:30 PM

I have 3, but really only use one as my main machine. One of them is an old Singer Slant-O-Matic that I learned to sew on. I really love it, but just don't use it much anymore. Another is a newer Singer (~3 years old). It has loads of options and features that are great. My "workhorse" is a Babylock Quilter's Choice Pro (~2 years old). It was a 25th anniversary gift from my DH and I have to say that it is my ultimate quilting machine - it does everything I need for quilting.

azwendyg 09-12-2010 08:36 PM

How many? Well, lets see...
A Bernina 630e that does embrodery too,
A Huskavarna serger,
A Juki TL98 (my favorite machine for quilting!),
A Chandler industrial upholstery machine,
A 1957 Singer in an original cabinet,
a Bernina 840 with a ton of feet (a yard sale find),
and a Brother (another yard sale find I'll pass along to a young sewer when it's time...)
That brings the current count to 7, but the last two aren't set up to use regularly...guess I don't really need those two.

And then there's that new machine at the LQS that I'm drooling over...

Naturalmama 09-12-2010 08:40 PM

Just my Riccar that dh bought me for our Anniversary years ago. :)

Annya 09-13-2010 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bmanmommy
Sewing machines do you have that you regularly use? Since I am starting this major sewing room clean out (from my other post), it got me thinking, how many sewing machine should I keep. I hope to have a more dedicated sewing room in our next house but who knows how long that it could take to sell our place or where we are going to end up.

I currently have 3 and have access to 2 more if I have to take mine in for service. I am seriously contemplating getting rid of at least 1 of them, maybe both the extras. I never use either of them and they just sit and collect dust. Neither of them are anything special, just basic machines and then I have my piecing machine that I do use regularly...it isn't going anywhere.

So I ask, how many machines do you have that you regularly use and how many do you have that are dust catchers?

I have two machines until 1st week in December when I will be getting a Brother Embroidery machine with all the cards and card readers that help me down load patterns from the internet. My sewing is like yours --a state of being changed around. I only use one at the moment--Janome 6600P and I use it a lot. the other is a light Janome especially for workshops. I live on the highway and dust is a big problem so I clean it off everything once a month. I forgot my overlocker which is hidden away in the sewing cupboard.

stancilgirls 09-13-2010 05:31 AM

When I read your question, my first thought was "I only have one. But I'd love to have more." Then after I really thought about it I realized I have 3. I have an Elna that both my mother and I use (She lives with my sister and myself), I have a very small, cheap Janome (but it sews good) and I have a Singer treadle that was given to me years ago by an elderly lady who was a client of my aunt who was here home health nurse. She received it as a wedding present 60 years ago and had never sewed on anything else. So I guess I'm a collector too. Would really love to have a featherweight!!!