Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-t63637.html)

scaroca 09-10-2010 05:49 AM

I have 6 machines. I only use 3. My Janome for sewing. I have a Janome for embroidery. I also use my Juki for quilting. The other 3 collect dust. But I am afraid if I give them away something will happen that I need them. Maybe I will get rid of them some day????

featherweight 09-10-2010 05:51 AM

Let me see, I have a Viking SE embroidery, Brother 4000d emboridery, a Pfaff 7570 (an older embroidery machine) that I piece with, 7 Featherweights, 2 singer 301s, my MILs machine and a Pfaff serger. I think that is it unless I happen to run in to another that I can't live without. You NEVER have to many!!! They say, the one that dies with the most wins!! LOL

Quilter7x 09-10-2010 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by katybob
I have two -- a Bernina 820 that I bought in a weak moment several months ago when I was feeling sorry for myself because I don't have room for a longarm and an Elna that is maybe 3 or 4 years old. I don't regret buying the Bernina -- it's a wonderful machine -- but I'm glad I did't get rid of the Elna. I discovered recently that the Bernina doesn't believe you when you try to sew without thread (so you can poke holes in a template or stencil) and just quits sewing and the pre-programmed alphabets are much prettier on the Elna. I'm not an embroiderer -- not yet, anyway! -- but I do use the alphabets for quilt labels.

:lol: "... the Bernina doesn't believe you when you try to sew without thread ..." How cute is that! :lol:

I have 3 machines, a Janome Jem to take to classes, a workhorse Janome MC 9000 and just got a used Bernina 180E for doing stippling. Love all my machines!

tall2 09-10-2010 06:34 AM

I have 4 Machines- one Surger, and three other sewing machines, my oldest one is on exended vacation for now- its a 1976-Janome (use to be white) second is a Janome, and this year I pruchased a Brother ( not wild about it) its to picky about the amount of thread on the bobbin....Although I am using it now, I use the surger for the fabric everytimes I get some new- surge and wash press then add to stash. Last week I made a major haul of fabric, LQS here is closing so I stocked up, at 1/2 price, yea me ...

Barbara

OmaForFour 09-10-2010 06:40 AM

I have 3. Two are in the attic and broken. One is a Kenmore and the other is a Brother. Don't know what is wrong with them and don't care.
I have a Singer Featherweight and all the attachments to do just about anything. It is a wonderful little baby and I am learning something new on it every day. I use it for everything and don't miss the other machines at all.
Maybe some day in the future I would want a really spiffy one but not right now. Would have to win the lottery first. LOL

reginalovesfabric 09-10-2010 06:49 AM

I have two featherweights, one quilting machine on a 14' frame, one embroidery machine, 8 vintage machines and a serger. I use the emb, one featherweight and of course Flo my quilting machine

PJO 09-10-2010 07:18 AM

I have two sewing machines and a serger.

oldlady 77 09-10-2010 08:21 AM

Current count is up to 11 but I only use three as a rule.
Someone has to give a home to the old babies and it might as well be me!!

madamheather 09-10-2010 08:28 AM

I have always felt guilty of how many I have, but now, I feel right in the group.
Non-working, just need servicing, 1 old cast iron Remington, a treadle--use all the time 2 featherweights, an older Singer, Bernina 180--had to devote a special computer with Windows 98 for its embroider because Bernina does not have computer support past that, Viking Designer 1, Pfaff quilter, 2 sergers. Each machine does specific things with special attachments that the other machine's don't have, such as gathering, turning a 1/4" hem, does well with invisible thread, 3 thread serger, 4 thread serger. Wouldn't get rid of any of them.

klgreene 09-10-2010 09:16 AM

I have one currently, but am looking at Ebay for an embroidery machine.