Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Times for the Same Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-times-same-pattern-t244916.html)

nanac 04-10-2014 07:54 AM

For me, it depends on how big of a hurry I am in, lol. I like to do new patterns, but if I need a quilt in a hurry, I will do a TAW or Irish Chain

Stitchnripper 04-10-2014 08:00 AM

I don't think I've made the same pattern twice but I have made the same blocks for different quilts.

ManiacQuilter2 04-10-2014 08:14 AM

Boston 1954. I have done the box so many time I don't want to count. There is the simple one, then there is the off center one and now I am working on a wonky size. It is fun to come up with new ideas because this block goes together so quickly. If you enjoy making them, then don't STOP !! Push the pedal to the metal !!! :)

Lori S 04-10-2014 08:45 AM

I have made I think 10 Log cabin quilt... they all ended up a bit different, as this is my go to scrappy pattern, and the potential block layouts can vary.

franc36 04-10-2014 09:01 AM

There are 2 patterns that I have made 3 times each. One is Yellow Brick Road and the other is one of Jenny Doan's that was originally called Alternating Squares. I have also made one of Amy Gibson's quilts twice. These are very quick and easy patterns that I use when I need a quilt quickly. I used such different materials that it did not seem that I was making the same quilt over and over.

PaperPrincess 04-10-2014 09:14 AM

I've made several Winding Ways. I have the Studio die, which was sort of pricey, but I can't imagine cutting all those curves accurately without it! I've made so many that this is my go-to quilt.

Doggramma 04-10-2014 09:26 AM

I've used Yellow Brick Road several times. And last Christmas I made a quilt for my daughter using Moda "Blitz" fabrics then did another with the same pattern for myself because I loved the fabrics. Mine isn't quilted yet.

Jim's Gem 04-10-2014 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 6668974)
I often make the same pattern more than once. Since the fabrics are always different they never look the same. Usually when I make a quilt it is all about the fabric, not about the pattern. Or sometimes, I want to throw a quilt together quickly for a specific reason.

This is how I feel. The fabric speaks for itself.
I have probably made a dozen Mouse Trap, about 50 Yellow Brick roads and probably another 60 of Bits and Pieces. Maybe a dozen Flim Flam, a dozen Warm wishes, and several other patterns that I can just whip up.
I donate lots of quilts and have been giving everyone a quilt for a wedding and baby gift. I think I have at least 300 quilts that I have finished

Pennyhal 04-10-2014 10:20 AM

I never get tired of log cabin and have made too many to count!

Quiltngolfer 04-10-2014 11:06 AM

I have made Bargello twice and am making a 3rd. All the others have been different patterns. I have more patterns that I want to try than I will possibly live to see. The grand daughters wanted the Bargello quilts and I want one to keep. That is why I made multiples of it.