Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Times for the Same Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-times-same-pattern-t244916.html)

mcdaniel023 04-13-2014 04:33 AM

I have made several turning twenties, 4 log cabins and will be making more (love them), 5 trip around the worlds,
and a few yellow brick roads. If I love the pattern I will do more.

Grandma Cindy 04-13-2014 08:23 AM

Who makes your pattern?

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee (Post 6669808)
Our guild had a class for a log cabin heart. I'm so color challenged that I only use 2 colors, but I've made 18 quilts using that pattern. I've cut out 2 of that pattern for friends. I wish I could post a picture because it is a real neat pattern.

nannyrick 04-13-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mckwilter (Post 6668886)
So far, I have not made a quilt more than once. I guess the phrase "So many quilts, so little time." applies to me. There's always a new pattern I want to make.

I find this too.

ChattQuilter 04-13-2014 10:51 AM

Same pattern multiple times.

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 6668858)
What is the highest number of times that you have executed one pattern? I have found, in looking over my list of quilts, that I have done Log Cabin twice, Trip Around the World four times, and it seems that I have fallen in love with Boxed Squares, because I have made this one 10 times. It is so easy and can still be impressive if a lot of different colors are used.

I saw Marti Michel demonstrate the Giant Dahlia quilt on TV many years ago and fell in love with it. I got the templates and fabric to make the first one. I still enjoy making it and have made it about 6 times. I appliqued it to the center of 2 quilts and made it solo for 3 Christmas tree skirts. I am making it again as a table topper with just the dahlia part alone. Even though the pieces are bias, I have had no trouble with it and just love the design. Each one is different because I choose different fabrics for each one I make. I find it easier than triangles and some other designs because of having to sew just at the tip of the point on triangles. Love the Gian Dahlia!

IngeMK 04-18-2014 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by solstice3 (Post 6672602)
I have made at least 10baby blankets using the same crazy quilt pattern

I would love to see a pic of them :)

TeresaA 04-18-2014 04:07 AM

I love making the same pattern more than once. It gives an opportunity to learn more about colors and how different colors produce different end results.

Oklahoma Suzie 12-30-2014 12:15 AM

I like doing new patterns too.

charsuewilson 12-30-2014 05:56 PM

Twice, twice. I did two 9 patches, a little different. Then I made an alphabet animal quilt for my grandson, and remade it when his was lost in a hurricane. I improved it somewhat, though. There are so many patterns I want to try that I can't see making the same one twice, except in special circumstanes.