Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Times for the Same Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-times-same-pattern-t244916.html)

Barbpr 04-11-2014 02:49 PM

I have done about 10 string quilts and a half dozen flip flop wallhangings. Other than that, I usually try something new.

BettyGee 04-11-2014 03:09 PM

I've never used the same pattern twice. I have no objection to doing that and there are a couple that I've been asked to make again using different colors. The only thing I will never use again is a pattern that has a Churn Dash in it. My very first king size quilt was a pattern using Churn Dash and I was so sick of that by the time I finished quilting it that I have a strong aversion to anything containing the Churn Dash. Silly? Probably, but with the beautiful patterns and blocks available I can avoid the Churn Dash. The one pattern that I keep avoiding is the Log Cabin and I love them. I keep thinking I'll mess it up. I've made blocks with so many moving pieces that I have to label them to keep them straight, so why do I think a log cabin will be my downfall? Dunno, but it is a challenge I will eventually conquer.

IngeMK 04-11-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK (Post 6670425)
looking forward to show and tell ;-)

Me too!
;)

Boston1954 04-11-2014 04:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay here is a bit of show and tell. These are three example of the ten times I have done the Boxed Squares.

For mhollifiel, the sizes are 2 1/2 inch squares, and the rectangles are 2 1/2 x 6 1/2. It is a wonderful pattern, and I hope you decide to do it one time. It's so very easy.

Billi 04-11-2014 04:49 PM

Until I'm done with it it may be once it may be 10 or more....someone above said something about just because it's the same block dosen't mean its the same quilt, I totally agree. I'll get bored with certain fabrics faster than block patterns.

mhollifiel 04-11-2014 05:08 PM

Annie!
You are a love and thank you! I didn't realize that Boston 1954 was your QB name. DUH!
This looks like a potato chip block with different sized pieces; i.e. the center is much smaller than the Potato Chip big block center and the sides are larger making up the difference.
Best part, I have strips and blocks ALREADY cut so I can try this RIGHT NOW! Raise your right hand, put it over your left shoulder and give yourself a good pat on the back from me.
Thanks again!

QUILTNMO 04-11-2014 05:52 PM

i have made tons doing just squares for baby quilts!!

BettyGee 04-12-2014 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 6668918)
I use a quilt pattern once. Awhile back, when The Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric came out, I made a quilt for someone and she wanted me to make another one. I did make another one using the same fabrics, but a different pattern. I don't think I'll live long enough to execute all the patterns that I currently have!

I know I won't, but just looking at my patterns makes me smile. All the colors that can be used and how happy they would make my family and friends gives me pleasure. Now if I could figure out how to live to 150...

BettyGee 04-12-2014 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 6671422)
Okay here is a bit of show and tell. These are three example of the ten times I have done the Boxed Squares.

For mhollifiel, the sizes are 2 1/2 inch squares, and the rectangles are 2 1/2 x 6 1/2. It is a wonderful pattern, and I hope you decide to do it one time. It's so very easy.

Absolutely beautiful, just by changing the colors you have created works of art.

orangeroom 04-12-2014 03:50 AM

I've made 3 quilts twice; basket weave, bento box and log cabin. I've also made a generic star quilt many times over, with slight variations each time. I've made a lot of rag quilts and heart quilts. Guess there are a few that I tend to gravitate to!