Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Times for the Same Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-times-same-pattern-t244916.html)

Kitsie 04-11-2014 07:07 AM

Yep, I totally agree!

mhollifiel 04-11-2014 07:53 AM

I make tops for Project Linus and my "go to" pattern is the Potato Chip because you can't make just one. It's just a 8.5" block surrounded by a 2.5" strip on all sides. You can also use a 10" center block. You can alternate two colors center and sides or get fancier with the addition of compatible fabrics. This pattern can also be cut into quarters and, by twisting two opposite corners 180 degrees and sewing like a D9P, you get a whole new look. Lightning fast!

I usually am making 4-8 or these tops at the time. They also do fine with or without a border. As to how many times I have duplicated this or other patterns (like nine patch/snowball) only the good Lord knows!

mhollifiel 04-11-2014 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6669035)
Boston 1954. I have done the box so many time I don't want to count. There is the simple one, then there is the off center one and now I am working on a wonky size. It is fun to come up with new ideas because this block goes together so quickly. If you enjoy making them, then don't STOP !! Push the pedal to the metal !!! :)

Maniac!
I read somewhere it is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt BUT I am not going to be able to sleep until i know what is the Boston 1954 pattern. If it's that easy, I am dying to know. I googled it without result. HELP!

DebraK 04-11-2014 08:08 AM

Boston1954 is the name of the original poster of this thread ;-)

Tudey 04-11-2014 08:13 AM

When I make a new pattern, I try to do at least 2 so that the pattern is somehow imbedded in my brain. The most I have done from any one pattern I think, is about 12 Lucky Stars (Atkinson Designs) because they were good for baby quilts and we were building up our stock of baptism quilts at church.

Taughtby Grandma 04-11-2014 08:16 AM

If I need a qult in a hurry I do disappearing 9 patch, or 4 patch quilt. If I am in no hurry I like to try a new pattern, I'll never run out of those, it seems I'm always finding a new book or magazine that has one I have to try. I like courthouse steps too, but I haven't done one of those in a while.

Rodney 04-11-2014 09:15 AM

I haven't completed a quilt yet but I know it would take a very good reason for me to do the same pattern twice. So far I haven't followed anyone's' pattern exactly either. I guess it just goes against my nature to follow the directions exactly. I enjoy the planning that I put into new patterns or just changing an existing one to fit my needs. Doing the same thing twice would take the challenge out of it for me.
Rodney

QuiltingCrazie 04-11-2014 10:24 AM

Yellow brick road is my go to pattern so I have repeated it several times. I do love new patterns

MargeD 04-11-2014 01:18 PM

For baby quilts, I've used the 9-patch with either a fabric square or snowball block in between - it's a go-to pattern for me when I need a baby gift in a hurry. I've only made 2 bed size log cabins, however, I've probably made 8-10 log cabin wreath wall hangings, as well as table runners. I really like Jacob's Ladder and Contrary Wife, as a change of color here and there makes for beautiful quilts.

Rodney 04-11-2014 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this Contrary Wife?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471234[/ATTACH]
I had to look when I saw that name. :) This isn't my quilt I just found the picture on the web.
Rodney