Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many Times for the Same Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-times-same-pattern-t244916.html)

Iraxy 04-12-2014 07:58 AM

Although I am a fan of so many quilts, so little time, I have made several log cabins (4+) and I know I have made about 10 OBW's. My OBW's have different fabrics, sizes, etc., but when it comes down to it they are OBW's. Other than that I usually make just one of each pattern. I do, however, want to make another Bento Box because I have some great fabrics for it. Oh, do string quilts count? I have made countless ones of those for giving.

SouthPStitches 04-12-2014 01:28 PM

I made the same table runner this fall about 8 times. Other table runners I've repeated many times too. I have made 4 trips around the world, 3 log cabins, 4 rail fences. I have a super simple baby quilt I've made more than 6 times. Guess you could call it my go-to pattern. I agree in theory about so many quilts, so little time. Honestly, if I have enjoyed the process and results, I don't mind repeating the pattern. Love to see how different it looks every time with changing up the fabrics and themes.

ghostrider 04-12-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 6672444)
I have made 4 trips around the world, 3 log cabins, 4 rail fences.

This made me smile. To a non-quilter, you would look extremely healthy, energetic, and well travelled. :D

solstice3 04-12-2014 03:52 PM

I have made at least 10baby blankets using the same crazy quilt pattern

Hope2quilt 04-12-2014 05:15 PM

I keep doing the nine patch or twelve inch blocks. I have made 3 of the nine patch and one with twelve inch blocks. Please be more adventurous than I. I am new to the long arm quilting and quilting on the machine. I have hand quilted for years and was never afraid to try something new.

thegoatlady 04-12-2014 06:55 PM

Ive made many 9 P , D9P and 4 P because they can be put together so many different ways...

GrannieAnnie 04-12-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 6668858)
What is the highest number of times that you have executed one pattern? I have found, in looking over my list of quilts, that I have done Log Cabin twice, Trip Around the World four times, and it seems that I have fallen in love with Boxed Squares, because I have made this one 10 times. It is so easy and can still be impressive if a lot of different colors are used.

I've done several personal sized turning 20s. Ends up being turning 8 or 9. I think the end product looks so different according to fabric. And, they are so easy

madamekelly 04-12-2014 09:12 PM

When I need a quick quilt, I always seem to fall back on the easiest one, Irish Chain. I have made five so far, and two TAW just because I cut too much fabric for the first one. One was a Queen, and the other lap size. The only difference was the outer border, one was blue, and the other had a yellow outer border.

jgriinke 04-13-2014 04:21 AM

I too have a hardtime making the same pattern twice. There are just to many patterns out there to try. :)

katiebear1 04-13-2014 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by mckwilter (Post 6668886)
So far, I have not made a quilt more than once. I guess the phrase "So many quilts, so little time." applies to me. There's always a new pattern I want to make.

That's me too