Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-wips-do-you-have-honest-t7333.html)

Bevanger 03-06-2009 10:16 AM

5 tops with no backs :(

Sharon M 03-06-2009 03:48 PM

hi Feathers, well let me see...I have 6 or 7 ..no make that 8...well if you count..ok TEN! Of course that is only the sewing unfinished projects. I still have one wall to paint in the living room and on and on and on. :lol:

tuesy 03-06-2009 03:56 PM

In all honesty,? 0 I can't start something and not finish it, it drives me nuts..

Feathers 03-07-2009 12:05 PM

You guys are sooooooooo good. I think I have attention deficit! If I see a pattern I'd like to try, I try it and if I like it I go like a maniac for a couple sewing sets and get half a dozen blocks made then my busy little brain sees something else to try. Having unfinished projects makes you nuts, not having them makes me nuts but it takes both of our kind to make the world dance! :lol:

Pats8e8 03-07-2009 12:17 PM

Wow, I know I have several in my sewing room closet that are finished tops. But my biggest embarrassment is my wisteria quilt, that has been done since last Easter. It is all quilted and I have the binding cut, but have not had the courage to cut the scallops in the border yet. Any good ideas on that?

Feathers 05-30-2009 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Hi Guys:
I decided to clean my sewing room and take inventory the other day! Bad idea...even if I like the more organize kaos that I created. I pulled out my tub that holds my "Works in Progress" projects.....I came to realize I make quilt TOPS, I don't always get them to the QUILT stage! :lol: :lol: So many patterns, so little time. Well, my WIP's number 21...those are only tops that need to be sandwiched and backed. I also have at least 5 dozen blocks I've made to test the pattern which could be made into "something." My challenge to you, count your WIP's and share with all of us your numbers. Maybe by actually counting how may things are sitting there will motive us (Me, for sure) to finish up some of them. :wink:

Bump! The old gal is back with the WIP count request! :twisted: I took inventory AGAIN...ONLY A FEW of the original 21 WIP are in the tub of WIP! Many have been completed so does that make me AHEAD of the quilt game since I finished most of them? Must say, I now have about 18 NEW and wonderful projects started or the tops almost finished so I'll be working on those. How many do you have waiting????

Feathers 02-19-2010 06:28 AM

I'm happy to report that this week while watching the ocean waves come and go, I finished 7 WIP projects and have 2 more very near completion...one I have to put a binding on the other I plan to tie and they'll be done. We've had a glorious week at the beach and my sewing was done early in the morning before DH got up or while he was doing coffee and the crossword puzzle in the paper...that's his "quilting!" :-) Great week beach walking and sewing!

Chrys 02-19-2010 06:31 AM

I think I only have 10.

fabricluvr 02-19-2010 07:09 AM

3 actual WIP's, about 20 planned/purchased-but-not-started! and plenty more in my head but i'm trying to show some restraint!

QuiltMania 02-19-2010 07:33 AM

Only 5 right now.