Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Many of You Actually use Your Quilts...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-you-actually-use-your-quilts-t32906.html)

Oklahoma Suzie 01-02-2010 05:21 PM

I use all the ones I have kept.

bugsmom 01-02-2010 07:25 PM

I use all the quilts that I make. I do have a few that my great grandma and step-grandma made and I don't use those. I am really careful with them. However all of the quilts that I made are on beds or on the sofa. We use them daily.

Bevanger 01-03-2010 06:58 AM

oh yeah. i have dhs on the bed. my very first one on the couch

thequilteddove 01-03-2010 07:09 AM

I use my quilts and I hope the people I've given quilts to use them & use them hard! I do have quilts that aren't being used though... mostly these are display quilts in my studio so new customers can see some of my longarm quilting up close & personal.

My goal is to have a quilt for each season for both beds in my home, several lap quilts 4 snuggle'n on the couch (I get bored of look'n at the same ones all the time) and several 'floor' quilts for the grand kids to play on (save me from vacuum'n every day lol)

All the other quilts I make are gifts for family & friends and various charity quilts.

When I run out of all these type of quilts, I guess I'll have to start sell'n them! lolol

bsquilter 01-03-2010 07:30 AM

Happy to hear that all of you use your quilts, too. I enjoy the making of quilts. Therefore, I use mine. Also, many are given away. My goal is to make one donation (charity) quilt a month. Last year, I made more than my goal.

Miss Mona 01-03-2010 09:06 AM

Good for you. My goal was 1 a month and I reached 13 last year. This year my goal is 1 every 3 weeks. They are simple quilts and are helping me get rid of some of my stash that I don't remember why it was purchased. They are all going to the local Childrens Home.

kimbie 01-03-2010 10:27 AM

In Wisconsin, we use ours! When it's as cold as today, everyone needs more than one.

hereca622 01-03-2010 02:50 PM

I make fun, machine pieced and machine quilted quilts only. I want the owner to use them. If I make a baby quilt, I want it thrown on the floor and a baby put on it. My DGD did a dance on one that I made her and I can't think of a bigger compliment.
We are in South Texas and you may not think that we use quilts, but most people say that you could hang meat in our home (A/C on 70-72).
Right now, we are enjoying days and days of what we call, cold weather. We have the heat on (70), the fireplace on and a quilt on our lap. At night we have a sheet, a velour blanket and a quilt on the bed.
I can tell you that in two weeks, we could be using the A/C again. Everyday is a weather surprise. Our four seasons are cool, warm, hot and hot as :twisted:.
I know that you are all packing to move here now, don't make us close our borders. ROFLMBO

Shorebird 01-03-2010 06:08 PM

ABSOLUTELY USE EVERYONE!! I cannot do wall hangings, or that tyoe of thing........everything I make has to have a practical use (just looking nice isn't enough), so I have quilts to snuggle with in the famiy room, quilts on the beds, and every quilt I have given away is also being used daily..............

RedGarnet222 01-03-2010 07:56 PM

Oh yes ... I do use some of them. I have worn out many a quilt snuggling in it. But, alas, most of my quilts are gifts now and leave to other homes to be loved. We have plenty to spare currently. I have two planned (and everthing bought) for our home to make this year. One for the family room couch and one for hubby's chair during the winter.