Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many of you made a dear jane? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-you-made-dear-jane-t117821.html)

Butterflyspain 04-22-2011 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the link to the Dear Jane Stickle Cyber Sew along. It was called that for certain reasons.

You will see the links to the schedule we all followed and indeed some are still following.

Mine is nearly finished just have the borders to do, here it is so far

Dear Jane Stickle Quilt still to have the borders I did mine in Asian Fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187414[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 04-22-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
It is beautiful! How long have you been quilting on that one?

I made it, start to finish, inc. hand quilting in under 7 months.

Elle, it's lovely to see yours on the bed all spread out.

whinnytoo 04-22-2011 04:38 AM

I have one in progress....... have about 65 blocks done, doing hand applique on most of those. will paper piece the others.... long term project but hopefully I'll live long enough to see it finished.

granny_59 04-22-2011 04:39 AM

7 month...........I thought you must be a childless single, retired ,having a maid and hardly any need for sleep!?

Then I went to your homepage and I sit here with goosebumps and an open mouth. Especially those snowflakes are out of the world! I dont even bother to ask how someting like that can be done.............
Looking at your avatar I thought its machine embroidery :oops: :oops:

Jennifer22206 04-22-2011 05:36 AM

I'm working on 2 of them right now.
Don't pay attention to the numbers in my siggie - they're off, I need to re-count and update. The newest figures:
My Funky Dear Jane (no two fabrics will be the same) - I have 10 triangles, 75 blocks and 1 kite finished.
My Christmas Dear Jane (using only white on white and Christmas fabrics) I have 5 triangles and 30 blocks complete.

Both of them will be for me and DH. After I finish them, I'm hoping to make another one for my daughter.

I started last June but I work full time as a teacher, part time as a translator and 2 hours a day writing. I'm also a mom to a 2 year old. I've been trying to get it done asap.

tealfalcon 04-22-2011 05:46 AM

I just started mine this month....I have about 25 blocks done

Lacelady 04-22-2011 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
7 month...........I thought you must be a childless single, retired ,having a maid and hardly any need for sleep!?

Then I went to your homepage and I sit here with goosebumps and an open mouth. Especially those snowflakes are out of the world! I dont even bother to ask how someting like that can be done.............
Looking at your avatar I thought its machine embroidery :oops: :oops:

LOL, I am 60+ disabled, single, and lucky enough to qualify for a home support lady who comes for 5 hours a week to help me, which enables me to spend more time sitting on my behind sewing, and no, I don't sleep all that much either! Thanks for the nice comments though.

AngieS 04-22-2011 06:12 AM

These are just amazing quilts! I'm not to the point where I am confident to do one yet. I do well with smaller projects at the moment. With work, kids, other activites I just don't want to commit to it right now. I would LOVE to have the time to though. These things are fabulous!!! I'm in awe! I hadn't ever seen one of these. Simply beautiful!!!