Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-do-you-pay-yearly-membership-your-quilt-guild-t223457.html)

copycat 06-12-2013 03:39 AM

At the start of the new year, membership is $20.00.

In July the membership is half-off making it $10.00. ( We do not have a Dec. meeting)

HillCountryGal 06-12-2013 03:50 AM

$20.. and no one complains. :)

lclang 06-12-2013 03:55 AM

Ours are $15 a year. Best bargain in town. We don't have knock down drag out meetings either. Everyone is pretty friendly and tolerant of others. It's been going for 25 years. Worth every penny! Love those ladies.

moneill 06-12-2013 04:02 AM

$55 a year!

WMUTeach 06-12-2013 04:04 AM

My guild fee is $22.00. And I get more than my money's worth. Little monthly door prizes that pertain to quilting, lots of advise and help when every I ask, friends who have the same passion, an individual who will take all of my small scraps, (she makes postage stamp quilts), exposure to new techniques every month and access to a large space to lay out my quilt sandwiches and friends to help pin them, a crew of women who jump to help someone who is ill, mouring the death of a family member and others that ask about grandchildren and a group of gals who love to show off their accomplishments knowing that imperfections will not matter and successes will be appreciated.

nancyw 06-12-2013 04:17 AM

Our guild charges $30 and $25 dollars for seniors. They provide nationally known speakers for 6 months of the year (we meet Sept. - May). Usually we have one in Sept. too but there was some mix-up this year. The speakers give 2 one day workshops at $30 each and sometimes they give a two day workshop which costs $60. Some times they have kits we have to buy and sometimes there are kits we can buy. One speaker we had for crazy quilts and pioneer quilts brought all kinds of thread and trinkets and fabric with her and we could take any of it we wanted. This year one of our speakers who requires her book is selling it for $10. We have a quilt show yearly and a raffle quilt yearly.

nancyw 06-12-2013 04:18 AM

And we do community projects yearly.

DixieLee 06-12-2013 04:30 AM

$20.00 a year with speakers most every month. They always have something happening to excite at each meeting. Workshops. Some fund raising and outreach but I think that is an important part. Ifit was just eating and talking I would stay home.

Aurora 06-12-2013 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by SuzieQuilts (Post 6117277)
Our guild dues are 12 a year.

Ours are $12 as well. There is also a $7.50 Homemakers dues because we are a Homemaker's Special Interest Club. However, we have access to a free meeting/sewing room and our Extension Agent is an excellent quilter and contributes her knowledge and expertise to each and everyone of us. Tomorrow we are having a free Canning class and in July she is planning a two-day in-house quilt retreat. We are so blessed.

DebbieG 06-12-2013 04:58 AM

My guild dues are $30 per year...for the most part the programs are pretty good. We have a raffle quilt per year and a show every other year. We have some pretty nice speakers with beautiful work that I enjoy seeing and the availablity of classes several times per year. They just raised the dues this year and there were some that were very upset..me for one, but after hearing everyone elses stories, maybe it's not out of line!!