Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How much time daily do you spend on Quilting Board? and what do you look at first? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-much-time-daily-do-you-spend-quilting-board-what-do-you-look-first-t205961.html)

Sew Freak 11-15-2012 03:47 AM

I had to do my own '12 step' to get anything done around here! So now I only spend about half-an-hour...sometimes it goes longer but I used to mostly go for the pics!!! Luv the pics of quilts or purses/bags. (sorry, I'm not an animal lover). I wish all you QB members would post more-and I wish I had something TO post! lol. My quilts (only3) are over 15-18 yrs old, in other words....n o t p r e t t y! I'm doing clothes for the family now and I'm not a fast sewer...anolther drawback of mine! But I'm depending on QB'ers to put more post out there!!! I luv'em!!

Edie 11-15-2012 03:48 AM

Maybe about 15 minutes. I don't do the repeats and there are things that I just am not interested in, but I do like Main and Chat and that doesn't take too long, unless something really grabs me and then I just type and type and type!!!!!! I just check the new messages and if they sound interesting I read on ahead, if not, I go to the next one. Yah, about 15 minutes is about it! Edie

Sandygirl 11-15-2012 03:48 AM

I check out "Recent Topics". I only read the threads that have a descriptive, eye catching title. If the title is generic, i move on. I cant possibly read all of them. Still manage to spend the first hour and half on my Ipad checking my email, Facebook, and the Quilting Board. We get up at 4:45 am so i don't feel like i am wasting too much time . I do my best sewing after 6:00 pm. I am not a morning person. But my DH leaves for work by 6:00 am.

Sometimes during the day i check QB fr new posts. Sometimes i head to the Picture section.
Sandy

teddysmom 11-15-2012 04:19 AM

The amount of time depends on what I find. I go to the main section and look for things that apply to hand quilters. Not interested in buying a machine at any time.

patsynel 11-15-2012 04:30 AM

I am up early, make a cup of tea and then to the computer/sewing room. Go to pictures first and admire the work of all you talented people. You motivate me to get started on all my projects. Thanks. pat

Todie's Mom 11-15-2012 04:31 AM

I absolutely love this QB. I look forward to viewing it first thing every morning. The members are very helpful and kind and even though I have never posted a quilt...don't know how to upload yet...but boy can I download...computer about to crash with so many free patterns...LOL. I have only been quilting a short time ..maybe a year...have made 2 queen size quilts, 2 single and 4 or 5 lap tops. l am mostly into making electronic pouches for I-pad/Nook/Kindle at the present time and also Tote Bags. I have 2 DIL and 2GD who just love these. Thanks to all of you for all of you wonderful tips and suggestions. I bought a vinyl piece to put under the foot pedal says FOOT PEDAL but it is a piece of junk. I glued cardboard under it and then glued the shelving you guys are talking about and it stays put very well.

SandiGrove 11-15-2012 04:38 AM

Every evening for about an hour still very new so am learning to navigate the site:)

SandScraps 11-15-2012 04:46 AM

I usually log on to QB at lunch time -when you all seem to be having that first cup of coffee. I go through Main, then pictures , then the links, then organisation and tutorials. I have also browsed while on particularly long phone calls. There is a void in my life when I cannot log on. Weekends I spend sewing and am too lazy to touch a computer after being glued to one all week.

quilttiger 11-15-2012 05:50 AM

Love the QB!!! My dear sis-in-law clued me in and I have been enjoying it ever since. The Main threads, Links and Resources, and General Chit Chats are my favorites...I check others when time permits...oh, I could spend hours on QB. My next challenge is learning how to upload pictures. Haven't gotten around to it since I have been busy quilting a third quilt on my new longarm....I can handle only one learning curve at a time, lol. I've learned so much from this wonderful forum....so lucky!

Scraplady 11-15-2012 06:17 AM

I haven't been a member for long, so it's hard to say what I "usually" do. The first week after I "retired" I spent hours reading miles and miles of old threads because there is such a wealth of information and wisdom to be found here! I had to nip the addiction in the bud so I can get some sewing done. I'm down to about an hour a day, some days none at all, some more. I like to browse through the pictures posted first and get inspired by all the things others are starting/progressing/FINISHing. Then I go over to the main section and see what's up.