Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how neat are you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-neat-you-t60324.html)

mimiknoxtaylor 08-21-2010 03:57 AM

Messy! I was so organized at work & had to have things just so. At home I just didn't have the time to really work at it. Now that I'm retired I use the excuse that I just have too many projects I want to work on. I am trying a little at a time to do better. Have had to move 90% of my sewing room down to the dining room as I don't walk well enough to keep climbing stairs several times a day

mar32428 08-21-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
i must say that i am a messy quilter. during a project i have fabric and notions all over the place and not good about putting things away until finished with project. cut threads end up on the floor along with a lot of dropped pins - i try to pick those pins up before running vacuum. thing is i have a waste basket right there for threads cut off but the floor seems to catch more.

Thank God I'm not alone.

fabricfairy 08-21-2010 03:57 AM

I am a mess maker , and I love it shows you
are creative , its my sewing room and if they dont like it leave.

grann of 6 08-21-2010 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by slk350
Well, I guess I really am like the rest. MESSY Sometimes I have more than one projest going on, so I at least try to keep them separated. I also do alterations in my home,so I have to be careful they don't get eaten up by a quilt in progress. LOL

Me too. I am currently making two dresses for a lady, in addition to making some nighties for my SIL in Michigan. Plus all the other little things I have been doing this week for the board, ie the bow tucks bag, the Ol" Roy bag, etc. I need to clean up the sewing room today, as I am having company this afternoon and my friend hasn't seen my new sewing machine. She likes to sew & will want a demonstration. I try to keep each project in its own area. Luckily I have the whole basement, but lately it still isn't big enough. I must organize some more.....

Butterflyspain 08-21-2010 04:32 AM

Having read these posts, I gather I am in the really messy quilter category, I do try to cleanup a bit before I go to bed, right at this moment trying to do a Dear Jane and a Japanese Fan Quilt, its like a disaster area.
Thank heavens I am not the only one.

nana2 08-21-2010 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
My house is very sparse in belongings, everything has a place. I believe in less and more less. But when it comes to my quilting room I'm a total different person - stuff is piled on top of stuff when I'm making a quilt.

I like this idea --- less and more less. This means there are less things to take care of thus giving more time for quilting

Rettie V. Grama 08-21-2010 04:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
i must say that i am a messy quilter. during a project i have fabric and notions all over the place and not good about putting things away until finished with project. cut threads end up on the floor along with a lot of dropped pins - i try to pick those pins up before running vacuum. thing is i have a waste basket right there for threads cut off but the floor seems to catch more.

Here is one reason I'm so messy. Others include tired, telephone, computer, dog, you name it my floor has pins, scraps and other throwaway stuff. Glad I'm not alone. Virginia

My stacked high current projects for craft show.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100847[/ATTACH]

Honey 08-21-2010 04:42 AM

I try to keep my work area fairly clean while I am working. I keep a pin cushion handy and I have a small container where I put my threads. That's not to say that my sewing room is always clean. Far from it. I am really bad about putting fabric away when I'm done with it.

kuntryquilter 08-21-2010 04:52 AM

BIG TIME MESSY. LOL

starlight 08-21-2010 05:01 AM

I keep telling myself to clean as I go. I just don't listen to myself. Certainly messy here!!