Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how would you handle this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-would-you-handle-t98362.html)

IBQUILTIN 02-13-2011 10:52 AM

I wouldn't clean up her mess. She is going to sell the fabric from your stash, ask you to help with the quilt, then quilt it, and hurry up? NOT quilt it just like it is and give it back to her - After she pays for some of the stuff at least and the long arm rental

Anne T 02-13-2011 01:39 PM

Return it to her & let her know you can not finish it for her. She doen't sound like you would be losing anything if she is no longer your friend. She is actualy a user not a friend. :)

deanneellen 02-13-2011 03:15 PM

I know how hard it can be to say "no" to someone. Especially if they have a bully-type of personality. But you need to do this for yourself because she is using you and the only things you are going to get out of this is a major headache and a belly full of resentment. You will feel a hundred times better when you have given this quilt back to her and told her to take it somewhere else.

k9dancer 02-13-2011 03:26 PM

Even though you gave/loaned her the fabric, she sold it; I'd let her quilt it. Tell her you think she has too much integrity to take money for something that is not her work. She won't learn if you do everything for her.

Pickles 02-13-2011 03:34 PM

I totally agree with what every post on this thread has said,
this person is a big user, not a friend, are she wouldn't have done this to you..

laurac 02-13-2011 05:26 PM

you need to stop her now. if you don't she'll think she can continue to use you. and it sure sounds like using you is what she is doing. you have invested fabric and time and now she wants you to quilt it so she can sell it and get the benefit.
doesn't sound like a friendship to me. if you lose her as a friend then she wasn't much of a friend to start with. if you clean up behind her and quilt it for free you'll probably quilting for free from now on while she sells what you quilt.

Carolyn T 02-13-2011 05:52 PM

Sounds like she is not a friend,send her on way.You have more important things to do than to try to p lease her. I think you are wasting your time

laurac 02-14-2011 04:27 PM

as i read this again, i realize it sounds like this will be easy for you to do. i don't think it will. it wouldn't be for me either but i guess you pay on one end or the other. either 'man up' and stop her behavior now or pay by having her trying to get you to do all her quiliting gratis from now on.
not gonna be easy but i think i'd want to fix it now.

Originally Posted by laurac
you need to stop her now. if you don't she'll think she can continue to use you. and it sure sounds like using you is what she is doing. you have invested fabric and time and now she wants you to quilt it so she can sell it and get the benefit.
doesn't sound like a friendship to me. if you lose her as a friend then she wasn't much of a friend to start with. if you clean up behind her and quilt it for free you'll probably quilting for free from now on while she sells what you quilt.

Prettiptibbs 02-14-2011 08:41 PM

We all agree on one thing: Give it back and explain to your "not a friend" that the quilt top cannot be quilted in its present condition. You have given her enough already. Let her take it to someone else

Holice 02-14-2011 08:56 PM

We are all waiting to know what you do or did.