Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husbands...boyfrineds and such regarding quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husbands-boyfrineds-such-regarding-quilting-t153879.html)

Rann 09-19-2011 06:09 AM

Amen, amen and amen.

Cynthia Mosquera 09-19-2011 06:11 AM

I love the frying pan part!

grannypat7925 09-19-2011 06:13 AM

After having a domineering hubby first time around, when he passed away at age 39 I decided this wouldn't happen again and it hasn't!

MaggieLou 09-19-2011 06:17 AM

Well said!! My hubby never tells me I can't buy something (probably because I handle the money LOL). He has his toys (which he never uses) and I have mine. Thankfully, he's never been one to tell me I can't do something. He knows that's the one thing I would most likely do.

Caswews 09-19-2011 06:19 AM

WOW!! I cannot think of another thing to say !lol

I have my hobbies and he has his and some we do together .. neither of us have ever told the other to get rid of something , and we both ask each other if we really can afford it or is it frivilous expense and if we really can afford it. We both work hard for our money to pay bills and have our hobbies. So we both feel hobbies are a necessity in life ! LOL

jad1044 09-19-2011 06:24 AM

I laugh even though it is not funny - but I had a similar experience with the cast iron frying pan - and it seemed it was the beginning of the end; he obviously knew he could not behave himself, so opted out - yippee hooooorayyyyyyyy! didn't hurt my feelings in the least - and it has been happy sewing ever since! So gals, I'm not saying be armed at all times with the frying pan, and discuss your lives with your husbands(wives) as needed, but if he (she) can find some solace in what you are doing, and he (she) might even get involved and help you such as clsurz just mentioned, the happier life you can have. Enjoy - life is too short!

rndelling 09-19-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I have to admit I cringe every time I read "my husband LET me buy or do whatever"..... Anyone who LETS me do anything is in charge of me. And NO ONE is in charge of me, but me! It should be a partnership, not one person in control of another.

Me too. That's one of my biggest peeves. My parents used to "let" me do things when I was a child.

vickig626 09-19-2011 06:40 AM

LOVE IT !!!

That's how I shut my hubby up too....how much does he spend on lottery and beer throughout the month?? He used to smoke.

Before I started quilting and spent money on clothes, I'd remind him that if he gave up the gambling, beer, smokes for a year we could go to Hawaii on the money saved. That started the quietness from his mouth.

Now, he enjoys his mancave in his heated garage (I rarely go in there) and I enjoy my sewing spaces (I actually took over 2 bedrooms - clean one up when our son comes home for a visit).

Actually, just recently hubby said if we ever lose heat this winter, we've got my fabric stash to keep us warm. So at least he's thinking positive !! :-)

Stand up for yourself ladies!!
:thumbup:

countrycousin 09-19-2011 06:44 AM

Ladies my husband actually helps me with the quilts and fabrics. I used my head and made him one first. I just recently started back and again my him one first. He is a retired law enforcement officer on disability and has a good eye. However I would never allow any man to let me do this or that.

BellaBoo 09-19-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by rndelling

Originally Posted by Candace
I have to admit I cringe every time I read "my husband LET me buy or do whatever"..... Anyone who LETS me do anything is in charge of me. And NO ONE is in charge of me, but me! It should be a partnership, not one person in control of another.

Me too. That's one of my biggest peeves. My parents used to "let" me do things when I was a child.

My DD and her friend were at my house last week. The friend's new husband called her and she said 'you want to go out and eat or do you want me to cook? After she hung up, my DD said you offered to cook when you could have not? Never ever offer to do that when you have a choice, soon you'll never get the choice, it will always be you'll cook or any other thing you offer to do instead of.
Words right out of my mouth and I thought she never listened. :lol: