Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am trying! I really am! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-trying-i-really-am-t69008.html)

pojo 10-10-2010 03:53 AM

I would take a ride to it. Just think it is a Sunday fall ride to see the scenery too. But we no it is to see the fabric. I wish I lived closer I would go.

grann of 6 10-10-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
I am trying to NOT add to my growing stash of fabric...... but.... I found an ad on Criag's List for a quilter's/sewer's sale in Columbus today and tomorrow. She is having it at a church, and selling:

"Fabric, Fabric and Lots of more Fabric. Singer Fabric Presser

Books, Threads, Patterns, Notions. Brother Sewing Machine

Quilting, Craft and Knitting Tools. Upholstery, Knits & Drape Material.

Private Quilter's Stash is being liquidated.

***** BARGAINS GALORE ***** "

OH..... how I would love to go and buy, buy, buy!!!!! But so far I am resisting. It would be about an hour drive for me to get there, about 50 miles each way. That would be a lot of gas burned in my gas guzzler. And then WHO KNOWS how much money I would spend once I got there!

Oh, yeah.... I REALLY do NOT need any more fabric! I have enough to last my whole lifetime!

But OH, .... it is SO tempting! Maybe tomorrow! But by then, the best stuff will be gone! What to do!!!!!?????

My philosophy is, If you don't check ads or sales you will never know what you miss. I have enough trouble with the fabric store that is above the grocery store I go to. And since I am in town, why not stop by Joann's. And I shouldn't read my e-mails from Fabric.com, and all the others......

Annz 10-10-2010 10:14 AM

Hold yourself back and use what you have first.

grannypat7925 10-10-2010 01:22 PM

Fabric is not apt to get any cheaper so grab what you can when you can. You will be a winner in the long run!

penski 10-10-2010 03:37 PM

i would be standing at the door waiting for the sale to start !!!

purplefiend 10-10-2010 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Why can't I find sales like that around me, lol. The one ad I followed up on turned out to be a bin of the cheapest, nastiest fabric imaginable. I can't even begin to think of a store that would have sold it :? :thumbdown:

JoAnn's or Wal-mart sells fabric like that! Yuck! :thumbdown:

Central Ohio Quilter 10-11-2010 04:32 AM

Well, I did not go. I was just afraid that the fabric would be either cheap junky stuff, or nice $10.00/yard fabric that they were selling for $8.00/yard.

If I knew it was going to be nice $10.00/yard fabric that they were selling for $1.00 or $2.00 /yard I would have gone.

But the thing that scared me off was the day before, I had gone to a garage sale (only 8 miles away) that had advertised they had "quilting fabric" and all they had were baggies of scraps of junky, old fabric that were not even cottons. The only "lengths" of fabric they had were old upholstery fabric.

I decided that I did not want to drive all the way to Columbus and be that disappointed again.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Did anyone else from here go? How was it?

Mailmanldy 10-11-2010 04:39 AM

I'm glad you resisted the temptation to go. A bargin isn't a bargin if you don' need what you are buying. Now if you were making dog throws.. and it didn't matter what the quality of the fabric was... and you could get even yucky fabric for cheap.. that would have been a different story all together... LOL

ruthieg 10-11-2010 09:38 AM

I do watch coupons and sales. Today I went to local JoAnn's with my 50% off coupon and bought 10.12 yards of warm and natural with a savings of $55.64. Plus they gave me in house coupons for October 17 to the 23rd.

ruthieg 10-11-2010 10:26 AM

I do watch coupons and sales. Today I went to local JoAnn's with my 50% off coupon and bought 10.12 yards of warm and natural with a savings of $55.64. Plus they gave me in house coupons for October 17 to the 23rd.