Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I bought 40 Olfa blades! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-bought-40-olfa-blades-t59669.html)

calicocat 08-17-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
Someone on here said they get theirs at Harbor Freight or Northern Tools and they were much less expensive. I've looked for the post but I can't get it back. Evidently they use them for installing carpet or something. My DH looked at Harbor Freight and said he couldn't find them. Hope she sees this post!

look under carpet cutting tools they are $1.49 for a pack of two. But I think the web site has them back ordered

Sew 'N Sew 08-17-2010 12:56 PM

I was in Harbor Freight this morning and they are sold out of the blades we want! Now I know how men feel that I sometimes see in Joan's who look so lost in a strange place -- when I asked for help the clerk made me feel as ignorant as I likely looked.

So I found them myself in the spot where they should be when in stock under the sign "carpet cutting tools".

Roberta 08-17-2010 01:05 PM

I ordered directly from the website.

purplefiend 08-17-2010 01:09 PM

Pittsburgpam,
$1.60 per blade is a good price in my opinion. You done good.
Sharon W.

ekbuckeye 08-17-2010 02:44 PM

You got a great deal on the blades, tho I did get 2 packs of 10 Olfas at Hancock for $12.50/pack. The blades from Harbor Freight are like Olfas that have been used for a while - they skip a lot and you have to recut or use plenty of pressure while cutting.

Ann L 08-17-2010 02:57 PM

where in NC is there a Harbor Freight?

Crossstitcher 08-17-2010 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
Someone on here said they get theirs at Harbor Freight or Northern Tools and they were much less expensive. I've looked for the post but I can't get it back. Evidently they use them for installing carpet or something. My DH looked at Harbor Freight and said he couldn't find them. Hope she sees this post!

Go on the Harbor Freight web site and in the search box type in carpet cutter blades. I did and found it they are $1.49 for a package of two. Have a friend that is getting me some. Hope this helps.

jitkaau 08-17-2010 04:40 PM

Blades cost a heap more than that in Australia - last one I have here in a packet was $11.95 and we are worth about .85 to the US dollar at the moment! Oh to have the same prices over here!

IBQUILTIN 08-17-2010 04:45 PM

Hey!!! I think you did great. Not everybody has a Harbor Freight handy, and you saved a lot of money over what you would have paid at the LQS.

AnnaK 08-17-2010 04:55 PM

Pam, you got a great deal and that will keep you for a long time. I want the hoopla on the Harbor Freight blades to die down and also to see how people really like them. I'm worried those blades might be TOO good and shred some mats. I'll wait and see. In the meantime, you know Olfa blades are tried and true and $1.60 per blade is not too shabby!