Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I can't believe I'm such an idiot! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-cant-believe-im-such-idiot-t158140.html)

Xstitshmom 10-05-2011 06:06 AM

I've been working on a sampler quilt and I'm now quilting each square with a particular stencil. I trace my pattern on tissue paper and pin it on and stitch then tear it away. Everything was going along well until this morning --

I pinned my pattern on my square - quilted it and tore off the tissue only to realize, I put it on the square upside down!

I'd been debating as to whether or not to give the quilt away because I love the fabric so much. Well, since I'm not inclined to pick out the quilting at the moment, it helped me decide to keep the quilt as a reminder of what a ditz I am! It's probably something only I would really notice anyway!

Zhillslady 10-05-2011 06:09 AM

Ha thats your mind making the decision for you.

Xstitshmom 10-05-2011 06:16 AM

Further confirmation that I'm a ditz -- it is right, it was just the way I had the top turned that made it looked wrong -- sheesh!!!

kapatt 10-05-2011 06:16 AM

laughing...I've done things like that. In my own opinion, it makes the quilt a one-of-a-kind. I have one block in my Underground RailRoad that has the geese flying out of the block. I wondered if I should make a new block and replace the messed up one and then I decided no...that makes the quilt special. Everytime I look at that quilt I laugh. I say you should keep it or give it away (whatever makes you happy) and view the upside down quilting design as unique. :lol:

kapatt 10-05-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
Further confirmation that I'm a ditz -- it is right, it was just the way I had the top turned that made it looked wrong -- sheesh!!!

:-P

Digitizingqueen 10-05-2011 06:18 AM

I had to rip out a partial row of long arming because my machien went crazy and the tension was off badly - I did my best lining up the design again but it wanst perfect - It was a charity quilt well I showed it to the lady who was taking them and she laughed and said first of all I wouldnt have noticed if you hadnt pointed it out and the people who get them will never notice - consider it a design element :-)

the casual quilter 10-05-2011 06:23 AM

I've been in both places --- I've stitched a pattern upside down and I've also THOUGHT I stitched it wrong only to pick it out and then discover it was OK. But I wasn't such a mannered lady to say "sheesh". I turned the air blue!

ogama 10-05-2011 06:27 AM

i was told that the easy way to pick out the stitches is to get a mustache trimmer under 20 at walmart and then use that as it will seperate and only cut the threads. i have not tryed this as of yet but am getting one. and giving one for my kid for christams. lol. happy picking. ogama
i picked out a queen size and it took me 16 hours i know what you mean.

jmabby 10-05-2011 06:34 AM

I had a "diz" day Saturday. Not one thing went right except I got home safe after driving 200 plus miles.

lovingmama 10-05-2011 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by kapatt

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom

:-P

You are not! ;-)