Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I confess - I love kids prints (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-confess-i-love-kids-prints-t290891.html)

Doggramma 09-02-2017 08:55 AM

I'm 65 years old and one of the first places I head to in the quilt shop is the children's area. I fell in love with limey green a few years ago, and I'm still not over it. And I love polka dots. Life's too short to not use fabrics you love.

MadQuilter 09-02-2017 04:51 PM

Nothing wrong with knowing what you like. I'm a paisley fan and you'd be surprised at how many people turn their noses up at the paisley.

Sleepy Hollow 09-02-2017 06:33 PM

I love kid fabric! I take part in the I-spy swaps so I can gather even more. Most of the fabrics are making their way into quilts that I'll be donating to the NICU, but some I have just loved so much that I intend to make a big one for myself. Someday, if I have grandkids, I'll help them build forts with it :)

I also plan to make fun tote bags (I don't have a nice purse really, just fun ones, made out of book covers or fun fabrics). And pj pants. And coin purses. And aprons. And...!

I especially love little monsters (I have some glow in the dark monsters in flannel that I plan to use for pj pants). I have to force myself to buy anything pink though. I don't like pink, at all, but I recently made a top with a lot of bright pink that I'm sure will make some little one happy.

I don't know if I'll ever get tired of kid or novelty prints, but I certainly hope not (I'm 38).

zozee 09-02-2017 07:21 PM

Kid prints are my favorite, too. Since they make ME smile, I figure they'll make a child smile, which is motivation enough for me to make kid quilts for charity.

Quiltaddict 09-03-2017 12:19 AM

I love kid's prints too, the colors are so bright and happy, and make me feel good. But, I also love polka dots, western prints, bright florals, pretty much anything brightly colored.

Butterfli19 09-03-2017 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Doggramma (Post 7899000)
I'm 65 years old and one of the first places I head to in the quilt shop is the children's area. I fell in love with limey green a few years ago, and I'm still not over it. And I love polka dots. Life's too short to not use fabrics you love.

I absolutely love lime green and polka dots. Polka dots on anything are such fun!

Butterfli19 09-03-2017 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 7899193)
Nothing wrong with knowing what you like. I'm a paisley fan and you'd be surprised at how many people turn their noses up at the paisley.

I know, I don't get it either. I love paisley, I have two paisley shirts. :)

Butterfli19 09-03-2017 02:56 AM

I love all these responses. I need cheery and color and fun and fabric never lets me down!

kristijoy 09-03-2017 07:47 AM

I love kid fabric! I'm quilting one right now that has these most adorable cutie pie cows on it! :) It just makes me smile! I do buy a fair amount of 'fun' prints.

But I think what I buy the most of is geometric blenders. I don't do a lot with florals. Occasionally I buy a floral for a special quilt. I also buy fabrics that work for boys and men like airplane schematics, graph paper, etc..

madamekelly 09-03-2017 09:29 AM

Florals, paisleys, and tonal. All are hard to resist.