Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I did a dumb thing today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-did-dumb-thing-today-t230331.html)

stablemom 09-15-2013 08:54 PM

I did a dumb thing today

So,now that I have lost my sewing room and have been trying to figure out where to put up a design wall. I have been thinking of using the back of the rec room door but not really keen on this idea.
We went to the thrift store today and there was a framed cork board there about 2 feet by 4 feet, clean as could be for $5.00
I thought that this would be perfect attached to the back side of the door with 2 of those hooks that go over the top of the door. I get my design wall space but the door is not damaged.
Dummy me puts the board back on the shelf to think some more about it and the woman beside me takes it. I am dumb dumb dumb!!!

And there was a really nice metal garden table that I had in my cart, it was only $10.00 and I decided no I don't need that and put it back on the floor. Go back for it and it's gone too of course.
Dumb again!!!

Oh well, it was not meant to be. But I now know for sure what I am going to do for my design wall:rolleyes::)

BETTY62 09-15-2013 09:07 PM

I know how you feel and I just hate myself when I let something slip through my fingers like that.

DOTTYMO 09-16-2013 12:13 AM

Yes I did it with a dining table rung u p Monday morning as soon as they opened and said I would have it as it would fit in my home. It had gone. It must have gone quickly as I felt the store as it closed Sunday.oh well.

Tartan 09-16-2013 03:29 AM

Bummer! :(

winia 09-16-2013 04:12 AM

Something better will come along.

pumpkinpatchquilter 09-16-2013 04:22 AM

How big of a design wall do you need? I remember years ago I learned about the vinyl table cloth design wall. You can get those flannel backed vinyl table cloths and hang the vinyl side against the wall and the fabric sticks to the flannel. I bought two 50x110 table cloths (somewhere around $4 each) and hung them in my tiny studio. Would that work for you?

I have also known passionate quilters to even put a design wall in their bedroom when they had no other options! :)

mighty 09-16-2013 08:47 AM

So sorry!!!!

mdall 09-16-2013 09:32 AM

I use the method the Pumpkinpatchquilter suggested. I am very limited on space especially for larger projects. I purchased one of the vinyl tableclothes found almost everywhere for 2 bucks. It works, I just hang it up with a couple of tacks when needed for the time and project and once done I just take it down, fold it up, and stash for next time. Give it a try.

pdcakm 09-16-2013 09:47 AM

the nice thing about the tablecloth is that you can roll it up with the project still on it if you have to take it down before you are finished.

bearisgray 09-16-2013 09:48 AM

Hate when that happens. Been there. Done that.

I try to tell myself, oh, well - I just saved X amount of $.

Ya snooz, ya looz.