Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I did it to myself, but..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-did-myself-but-t220650.html)

Dina 05-04-2013 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyB (Post 6043046)
I made four twin sized alike one time. Four granddaughters in the same house. Each one was the same with a different color sashing. I remember being really glad when they were all finished.

I remember these quilts!! They were beautiful!! I don't remember you fussing about making them though. :)

Dina

charsuewilson 05-04-2013 08:18 AM

I've made one (or is that 2?) identical quilts. The first one was lost in a hurricane. I found the templates i used for appliques, I improved the design, and made a few other changes, so the 2d one was better, not completely identical. But I didn't enjoy making it as much as the first one.

I have a couple more to make to replace those lost in the hurricane, but I'm not rushing to make any of them.

AliKat 05-04-2013 09:33 AM

I think if I were to do quilts the same I'd do them in parallel. Two different tubs for material and blocks. Do the same step with each before going on. Sorta like chain piecing only keeping the two quilts separately. Then it would be like making one gigantic quilt.

carolstickelmaier 05-04-2013 10:37 AM

I know just how you feel. I am currently working on three identical quilts for Xmas gifts all to the same family. Lots of time already spent, first I had to resize the quilt pattern to a king size. It has lots of applique and piecing. The ohio stars had to come out the same size as a resized center panel.
Then if that wasn't enough I also had to resize the flying geese. I get tired of them and do something else then back to them. As usual I will probably wait until the last gasp of time to finish. I wish you luck, I need some too.

Dina 05-04-2013 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I finished. I didn't get the house cleaning done that I had planned....(darn...wish it was already done)...but the quilt is finished. I took a picture, and I will include it here. I now have two of these and they will look great on my twin beds....and it is finished!

Can't wait to start something else, and I am only making one of it....whatever it is!!

Thanks for your help....chocolate and music both helped (didn't have any wine or mysteries on tape on hand). Plus fussing about it seemed to put me in high gear.

Dina

RGAY 05-05-2013 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 6043139)
Dina I also try a glass of wine helps with the chocolates.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to suggest, DOTTYMO!!

omacookie 05-05-2013 03:50 AM

Pray, chocolate, coffee or tea, nap, how am I doing ?Hope it helped you. I will pray for you 2...Hugs

solstice3 05-05-2013 03:59 AM

When life gives you lemons, make lemon aide! It could be a lot worse

sulyle 05-05-2013 06:34 AM

Next time instead of making one and then another, make them both at the same time. Kind of like an assembly line. That way you feel like you're just making a big quilt instead of having the feeling of finishing a quilt and having to start over. On this one all you can do is power through, maybe after taking a break to work on another small project.

MadP 05-05-2013 08:50 AM

Take a break and work on something else.