Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I did not know what a LQS was until I visited some parts of USA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-did-not-know-what-lqs-until-i-visited-some-parts-usa-t129246.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 06-09-2011 03:44 PM

I'm so glad you had a fun trip!!!!!!! Your fabrics are beautiful!!!!!!!!! :)

Barb44 06-09-2011 04:29 PM

I am so glad you had that experience. We take our fabric stores for granted. I am in a rural area but near enough to a city large enough to have 2 small quilt shops, Hancock's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Walmart. I still order a lot online.

If you are in the southern part of Quebec, you are not too far from quilt shops in Vermont. I have not looked for fabric when I have been there (DD lives there) but there are a lot of quilters in Vermont.

CarrieAnne 06-09-2011 04:35 PM

Pretty fabrics!

aliaslaceygreen 06-09-2011 04:44 PM

Congrats on the beginning of a lovely stash!
I guess I should tell my DH that Quebec is definitely on as a vacation destination because he won't have to find all the quilt stores.... I haven't been to Quebec in YEARS and years...hope to take him there some day soon!

helou 06-09-2011 04:50 PM

Yes Barb44
I just looked on google and actually, it would be something like a 4 hour drive from Québec City!

Since I started quilting some 3 or 5 years ago I always found my fabrics in fabric stores with a section for quilting stuff and it has been alright. But to see so many stores with only quilting fabrics wow!
Now I know what to look for loll

helou 06-09-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Congrats on the beginning of a lovely stash!
I guess I should tell my DH that Quebec is definitely on as a vacation destination because he won't have to find all the quilt stores.... I haven't been to Quebec in YEARS and years...hope to take him there some day soon!

loll I guess it would be safe for him. You're welcome to come back. I moved here only 6 years ago and I love it

fabric whisperer 06-10-2011 03:30 AM

yes, there have been a few threads lately about the prices of fabrics in different countries, too ~ in Poland, its nearly impossible to get anything other than the basics. No pretty prints. No printed kids character fabrics. The USA has many great shops, as well as chain stores ~ the best fabrics I have found are at the little shops out in the country ~ in Ohio, we call that Amish Country in the middle-ish of our state.

Glad you got some great "souvenirs" ~ enjoy them, and I would say "honey, I need another road trip" ;)

quilt crazee 06-10-2011 03:53 AM

even if you don't like TACO BELL- you can still"HAED FOR THE BORDER!" LOL!!!!!

QuiltMom2 06-10-2011 04:11 AM

Wow! You got some really nice stuff!!

Victoria L 06-10-2011 05:00 AM

Your fabrics are beautiful! When we vacation, my souvenirs are fabric also. And I'm lucky my husband is willing to go out of our way to indulge me. :)