Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I did not know what a LQS was until I visited some parts of USA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-did-not-know-what-lqs-until-i-visited-some-parts-usa-t129246.html)

helou 06-10-2011 05:07 AM

Thank you!
I better get some use of what I have first He would not beleive I need some more so soon! loll but.... we're heading down in the falls so...!!!

Hen3rietta 06-10-2011 05:08 AM

I think we sometimes forget how fortunate we are in the USA for things like fabric. I was on a long awaited trip with a friend to Italy about 6 years back and we found some beautiful fabric but very few cottons and those were both made in France and exorbitant in price. That was a shame as I really like going to a new place and visiting the local markets and fabric stores and meeting the people that live there as well as seeing the sights.

Claddaughquilting 06-10-2011 05:10 AM

Beautiful fabrics! Although there are a few LQS in my area, I buy most of my fabric online. The price difference is significant. In the LQS fabric is sold for $15-18/metre, whereas on line I spend $3-5/yard. I try to buy other things (needles, thread, stencils) at the LQS, but fabric is just out of my price range....

helou 06-10-2011 05:28 AM

My SIL who lives in St Hubert near Montreal, also buys her fabric online and she is always quilting something and has been for at least the last 20 years.

Claddaughquilting
you probably know the store called Fabricland (Fabricville) That's where I usually buy mine for less than 10$ a yard (most of the time) but they don't have a big selection for what I like. I paid as much as 15$ a yard at times but not often as I don't quilt as much as some of the quilters here on the board

Henri3rietta
That's why I thought I would post about the nice LQS I saw (and passed without stopping) while I was on vacation last April. We very often take things we have for granted but to me it was really out of this world to see so many. Yes the price per yard is somewhat expensive but the selection is so beautiful!

mimee4 06-10-2011 05:42 AM

Your fabrics are beautiful. I can imagine all the eye candy you had along your way. Next time you will know to bring along some extra cash-for-fabric.

glorybound 06-10-2011 07:13 AM

Sounds like Canada needs a quilt shop in your area.
Sounds like you'd be a great LQS owner.
Dream big, girl, God is bigger.

grannypat7925 06-10-2011 07:25 AM

What a wonderful way to enjoy your vacation! Looks like you found some really cool fabric!

IBQUILTIN 06-10-2011 07:43 AM

Sounds like a great trip.

Mornigstar 06-10-2011 09:46 AM

Helou-Same mom story even house was painted green. Wouldn't let me wear red.

Originally Posted by helou

Originally Posted by DebraK
for not liking greens, you sure picked some nice ones.

Thank you!
not that I dislike it but I am not inclined towards it. Sometimes I wonder if it's all my mother' fault. she just love greens and she make a lot of my clothes when I was young. I must have worn to much green in my youth.
She could not help it she was a 6th generation irish descendant (and could not speak english.... ) what time does to us sometimes loll

Marilynsue 06-10-2011 09:53 AM

How nice for you. We also just came back from a 5 week trip, but we took a different direction. We visited mostly the western parts of the US and believe me, we are very fortunate to have so many LQS's in so many parts. I hope you are able to visit us again, there are still lots for you to see. :wink: