Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I Feel sooo bad... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-feel-sooo-bad-t174501.html)

Pinkiris 01-05-2012 04:40 PM

Two of my grandkids got quilts from their "other" grandmother this Christmas. I have purchased fabric for quilts for them, but haven't started sewing yet. I found myself looking over the quilts the kids got and quickly told myself to quit looking for flaws. At least she MADE her quilts! I've been dragging my feet for weeks. I praised the quilts that the kids DID get. Mine will come later. That green monster, jealousy, can really rear it's ugly head, can't it? We're all human---forgive yourself. I did!

Cheshirecatquilter 01-05-2012 05:11 PM

Sounds like you have already fulfilled your New Year's resolution. Good job. We should all do so well.

pasolovers 01-06-2012 04:14 AM

What a wonderful lesson for us a lll...Thank you

Bamagal 01-06-2012 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny (Post 4843477)

- I now realize that I dont have to so precise - its the thought that really counts - THANKS!!!!

Words to live by!! You are a good grandmother. They love you!! You will have other opportunities to give them quilts!

Needle Up 01-06-2012 04:22 AM

I think we all have the jealousy factor at one time or the other. You are a good person, or you wouldn't have realized your feelings.

Moonglow 01-06-2012 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by joyce888 (Post 4845770)
I think we as grandparents get jealous from time to time but I think you handled it beautifully. Forgive yourself, after all you're only human.

Not one of us is perfect and thinking those thoughts does not make us bad people.

dixie_fried 01-06-2012 04:37 AM

Please don't beat yourself up for being human. Our emotions (even the negative ones!) are what separate us from other animals.
You handled yourself beautifully, and no one suffered as a result.

Natalie17 01-06-2012 05:09 AM

You handled these emotions, did no harm to anyone and reconizedfor the reason them. Yooper 32 said it all. God Bless

psychonurse 01-06-2012 05:17 AM

God bless you for not expressing your negative thoughts. I once sewed clothes for a 2 yr old in foster care, and was very critical of my own stitching. The foster mom told me " life is not perfect" and don't be so critical.
when the little girl died they buried her in a dress I had made her for Easter that year. Is there any greater honor!
Keep doing what you love best, sewing and granchildren.

CathieB 01-06-2012 05:24 AM

Jealously about my daughter's mother-in-law was actually what sparked my getting into quilting. Her mother-in-law bought everything you could possibly imagine when my daughter got pregnant. There wasn't anything for me to get for my new baby granddaughter - and then.....I decided I could make her a quilt!!!! Well, that was 9 years ago and she carried that little quilt everywhere and it is still on her bed - though she's had quite a few new quilts since then. She (my granddaughter) loves my sewing room and loves to go to the quilt shop with me, and it's our special bond! Thank you Grandma M - you gave me a gift that will last a lifetime.