Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was feeling a little blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-feeling-little-blue-t227756.html)

quiltsRfun 08-11-2013 03:11 PM

I was feeling a little blue

After the kids left yesterday I was feeling a little blue. So I ignored all the cleaning, laundry and other jobs that are waiting for me and did some scrap piecing. Made a few of Bonnie Hunter's Maverick Stars. They're fun to make and it took my mind off my miseries. Sure brightened my day. Now I must at least do the laundry so I'll be ready to go back to work tomorrow. Do you sew when you're blue?

Sunnye 08-11-2013 03:21 PM

Sometimes I go to the quilting room, sometimes I mindlessly watch TV. Depends on ?.

JustAbitCrazy 08-11-2013 04:57 PM

Glad you made good use of your "blue" time. Unfortunately, when it happens to me, I don't. I just curl up and sleep or watch tv...:(

Nilla 08-11-2013 05:03 PM

Even just sitting in my sewing room cheers me up. It's like my little slice of heaven. Usually I find something there to take my mind off my troubles, whether it's sewing or looking at patterns or even organizing and straightening up.

mike'sgirl 08-11-2013 05:19 PM

Quilting got me through divorce. It is truly a therapy. I made a big queen log cabin, started a GFG that is still in progress, and started working on an applique wall hanging (which I later pitched, what was I thinking with those color/pattern choices lol) the year that my husband left (not a surprise). So quilting is healing, and a very much needed thing in my life. The next year I made a pinwheel queen sized, for my high school sweetie (Mike) and we have been married almost 2 years now. Now I quilt cause I'm happy.

Jingle 08-11-2013 05:32 PM

I quilt no matter what. A very good way to take my mind off just about anything.

Podunk Princess 08-11-2013 05:44 PM

Yes, I sew when I'm sad, when I'm happy and when I'm stressed. It is great having a place to go when the need arises and even when it doesn't.

nativetexan 08-11-2013 05:55 PM

I can't sew when I'm blue because I'm depressed and just not in the mood to do anything. So lately I'm not sewing -again! but I will!!!

GailG 08-11-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnye (Post 6228932)
Sometimes I go to the quilting room, sometimes I mindlessly watch TV. Depends on ?.

When I'm blue or upset (anxious) about anything, I basically do the same except I like to either cut or piece. I also pull out the baptismal bibs and do some satin stitching. Lately I've also been doing some stitching on the preemis shirts. My mind can wander. TV is also a good distraction at times. And of course there are M & M's!

amelia0607 08-11-2013 06:05 PM

When I'm angry I garden - pull weeds. Nothing like pinching the heads off dead blooms or jerking a weed out by its tiny little roots to work out the anger.

Today I've just wanted to cry about everything so when husband went fishing, I went to garden - no weeds to pull. I came in and worked on granddaughter's quilt a little. That helped some.

I think a good old piece of chocolate cake with ice cream is what I really need!