Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I got asked to make 4 quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-got-asked-make-4-quilts-t102371.html)

emsgranny 02-23-2011 11:33 AM

Yoy should be very honored!! And thankful - that she didnt expect you to supply fabric etc. and to get paid to do it is even better!!! Watch out though it could be a start of a new business for you lol Many who see the quilts may like the idea for their wedding parties also...If approached I would make a set amount and base it on what time etc you have invested in the ones you are doing now. Good luck and would love to se one thanks cheryl :-D

sueisallaboutquilts 02-23-2011 11:38 AM

Wow, that is awesome!! Finally, someone is being reasonable with the price of a beautiful quilt :D:D
Be sure to post pics!

Deborah12687 02-23-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
What a gem to give you that much time to get them all done! I would say set up a payment schedule just so no one is surprised at the end!

(and the friendship stays golden!)

My friend is well to do and I won't have to worry about her not paying for them. 3 years ago she asked me to do the silk flowers for her son's wedding and got paid very well. I sure wish I had her life.

jajudd24 02-23-2011 01:39 PM

that is great.....I have friend who is good me like somewhat like that.....God has blessed me with GOOD friends.

sewmuchmore 02-23-2011 02:35 PM

Woo hoo, you go girl . Getting paid for something you love to do awesome :thumbup:

justlooking 02-24-2011 03:23 AM

WOW, I would start now!

Edie 02-24-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
A friend of mine has asked me to sew 4 quilts. Her daughter is getting married this coming Christmas and she wants to give her brides mades quilts for being in the wedding. She is dropping off the pattern, 5 full bolts of fabric, thread, batting and bias tape and I get what is left over. The quilts are standard size. On top of that she is paying me $550.00 per quilt. If I have time left she wants me to make a 8ft table runner for the main table.

Sounds like a ball! Go for it! But pick a pattern that is relatively easy to do, but looks like a million. Edie

quilter68 02-24-2011 04:08 AM

Start with the table runner and don't stop 'till they are all done. This bride is a smart consumer and is willing to pay for it.
Good Luck and many sunny, sewing days to you.

Is a time line of one quilt per month too fast?

Calzo 02-24-2011 04:40 AM

Wow - sounds like she appreciates what is involved in making a quilt and is willing to pay a fair price. Better get going. Christmas will be here before you know it. And don't forget to post pictures when you've finished.

Rebecca VLQ 02-24-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
What a gem to give you that much time to get them all done! I would say set up a payment schedule just so no one is surprised at the end!

(and the friendship stays golden!)

My friend is well to do and I won't have to worry about her not paying for them. 3 years ago she asked me to do the silk flowers for her son's wedding and got paid very well. I sure wish I had her life.

Excellent. These should be a JOY to work on! :D