Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I m gonna kill my sewing machine... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-m-gonna-kill-my-sewing-machine-t21312.html)

Ninnie 06-13-2009 04:04 PM

I have a singer and my bobbin runs counterclockwise

sandpat 06-13-2009 04:12 PM

Usually when mine doesn't pick up the bobbin thread its due to the needle...it may be brand new out of the package, but it can still be bad. When I replace the needle...viola'...it works.

I've also put the bobbin in backwards...I've also tried to sew without shutting the bobbin door...those don't work too well :oops:

sunnyhope 06-13-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I have a singer and my bobbin runs counterclockwise

i checked the manual online

BellaBoo 06-13-2009 04:40 PM

My machine did this at a class. I was about to toss it in the dumpster. At home it sewed perfectly fine. I took it back to class and it would not pick up the bobbin thread! DH finally figured it out, the machine was not getting enough power from the socket I had it plugged into. I was using an extension cord with a few other things plugged into the same socket. The machine would run and look and sound like it was sewing but it wasn't. I plugged it into one socket, no extension cord and it sewed fine at class.

Ninnie 06-13-2009 04:43 PM

wow, bellaboo, never thought of that, thanks, good to know! :D

sunnyhope 06-13-2009 05:18 PM

will check tht out in the morning as well as re thread the whole thing, now i m to tired and my body i as aching to much to move, it hurts enough moving arms and fingers to be honest :-)

treasurelady 06-13-2009 06:11 PM

I've had many a frustrating day over the 45 years I've been sewing. Usually it's a simple problem and I have a good laugh at myself when I finally figure it out. When I'm tired and cranky is when my machines have especially acted up. I think they lie in wait for that day. LOL
Hope you find the solution soon.

littlehud 06-13-2009 06:46 PM

I have a fairly new machine and I got it out to sew. Same problem. Mine was the bobbin. Had it in backwards. As soon as I fixed that, after some not so nice words, it worked like a dream.

kwhite 06-14-2009 02:46 AM

If you thread the needle in the wrong direction this will happen too. I didn't read every word of every reply but I thought I would mention this. I have threaded one of mine left to right when it was supposed to go right to left.

stitchinMamaw 06-14-2009 04:39 AM

I see I'm not the only one having sewing machine problems . :mrgreen: Is yours a singer sew simple ? That's what I have and it is a big headache ! Handwheel sticks and won't move , fiddle with it , say a few bad words . Oops . Did my registration for warranty online and it go lost ! They have no record of it , so my warranty is no good ! The front of the machine is so big I can't see good to satin stitch my applique . Who designs these machines ? Unhappy in Va . Annie