Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I may be traumatized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-may-traumatized-t111174.html)

catmcclure 03-28-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Anna.425
I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.

I had the same epiphany when I started seeing items in antique shops that I'd received as wedding presents.

RugosaB 03-28-2011 05:55 AM

[quote=GrannieAnnie]

I jumped on ebay to
i don't need to hear the 50 year thing-----------sticking quilt scraps in my ears!

I'm almost 53, and now I've found a use for what my hubby came home with last weekend. He had to go to Houston for work, and the hotel gave him a little organza drawstring bag with 'linen lavendar spary' (whatever that's for?), an eye mask, and a set of ear plugs, they said it was because the hotel is next to a highway.
The earplugs are mine!

Great-great granny 03-28-2011 06:05 AM

I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.

Don't feel sad youngster - my YOUNGEST GRANDCHILD is 40 this yr., & I know how many YEARS that makes me, but I SURE DON'T feel 77 - even thou I've REALLY slowed down!

I have an "antique" quilt my grandma & grt grandma made the yr. I was born -

(And yes I am a GREAT-GREAT granny - got 3 GG grndkids's, 9 G grandkids's & 4 grands - I'M BLESSED

Have a blessed day filled w/hugs - they always help.

mhansen6 03-28-2011 06:16 AM

I have the heart and soul of a 25 year old, but sometimes my body is telling me "Don't do that you are not as young as you used to be".

You really have to be careful with ebay. Especially with antiques. My husband collects railroad memorabilia and he says there are a lot of fakes out there. You have to buy from a trusted seller with a very good return policy.

Great-great granny 03-28-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
I have the heart and soul of a 25 year old, but sometimes my body is telling me "Don't do that you are not as young as you used to be".

You really have to be careful with ebay. Especially with antiques. My husband collects railroad memorabilia and he says there are a lot of fakes out there. You have to buy from a trusted seller with a very good return policy.

I agree 100% Marie - unfortunately can't always believe what you read.

Also agree on what your body tells you - My "uncle Arthur-itis" visits my hands WAY too often & interferes too much w/the important things in my life - LIKE QUILTING!!!!

Have a blessed day = hugs

Connie Merritt 03-28-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by BeeNana

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Just like fine wine, we are better aged. :lol:

Except I think that I'm turning to vinegar........

:lol:

Let us hope it is Balsamic Vinegar at the last aging. Sweetness and knowlegde; the best.

Great-great granny 03-28-2011 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Connie Merritt

Originally Posted by BeeNana

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Just like fine wine, we are better aged. :lol:

Except I think that I'm turning to vinegar........

:lol:

Let us hope it is Balsamic Vinegar at the last aging. Sweetness and knowlegde; the best.

VERY GOOD :lol: :lol: :lol:

quilter1943 03-28-2011 06:40 AM

WOW! I know a lot us on here can relate to that. Have a nephew who was 50 this month and that brought back a lot of memories. Remember getting your AARP stuff before your 50th birthday? He's excited to be getting his discounts, but as we aunts and uncles all said, just wait. There's more to it than that. Back to the subject, I'll have to look on ebay at the vintage quilts. Haven't checked it out in ages.

Great-great granny 03-28-2011 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1943
WOW! I know a lot us on here can relate to that. Have a nephew who was 50 this month and that brought back a lot of memories. Remember getting your AARP stuff before your 50th birthday? He's excited to be getting his discounts, but as we aunts and uncles all said, just wait. There's more to it than that. Back to the subject, I'll have to look on ebay at the vintage quilts. Haven't checked it out in ages.

LOL :wink: ;) ;-) :-(

ChildoftheUniverse 03-28-2011 06:50 AM

I hate when that happens! Walking through an "antique" store the other day with my grandson was a real eye opener... how could that stuff from MY childhood be called, or even be in an antique store for that matter, antique??? I'll think about that at my kickboxing class tonight! =)