Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need an easy quilt design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-easy-quilt-design-t145341.html)

mnmgirl 08-15-2011 10:54 AM

Do you know where I can find a pattern??

Originally Posted by star619
Pieces of Eight is an easy pattern that consists of cut squares, 8 1/2", that are sewn together from co-ordinated
fabrics. When I made it, my daughter (30 yrs. old) who likes "clean lines" claimed it the first time she saw it.
Good luck!

mnmgirl 08-15-2011 10:54 AM

thanks lol

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Originally Posted by gwanma

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Warm Wishes!!! You can use 4 or 5 fabrics. Great if you have a nice focus fabric or two that you want to use. Goes together really really fast too!

i go with this one. It is so easy, there are almost no seams to match up and the finished product is usually very interesting.

I was going to suggest this as well.

mnmgirl 08-15-2011 10:55 AM

this looks cool. will check it out. thanks

Originally Posted by gwanma

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Warm Wishes!!! You can use 4 or 5 fabrics. Great if you have a nice focus fabric or two that you want to use. Goes together really really fast too!

i go with this one. It is so easy, there are almost no seams to match up and the finished product is usually very interesting.

mnmgirl 08-15-2011 10:56 AM

Thanks for the suggestions....Looking now and trying to make a decision.. I really appreciate it......

BobbiSue2009 08-15-2011 11:02 AM

Have you considered a simple nine patch? The colors you mentioned would be perfect for this pattern and the Cream fabric could be used for the backing... Please show quilt when finished... Happy stitching!

mnmgirl 08-15-2011 11:14 AM

I had too many ideas and nothing worked for me. All muddled inside lol. I am looking at the 9 patch now. Thanks so much.

I

Originally Posted by BobbiSue2009
Have you considered a simple nine patch? The colors you mentioned would be perfect for this pattern and the Cream fabric could be used for the backing... Please show quilt when finished... Happy stitching!

Nanamoms 08-15-2011 04:48 PM

Pieces of Eight is an easy pattern that consists of cut squares, 8 1/2", that are sewn together from co-ordinated
fabrics. When I made it, my daughter (30 yrs. old) who likes "clean lines" claimed it the first time she saw it.
Good luck!

Would love to see a pic of Pieces of Eight! I love clean, uncluttered lines, too and have been thinking of a pattern to make a small table topper. Thanks!

mnmgirl 08-15-2011 05:11 PM

ch

Originally Posted by Nanamoms

Good luck!

Would love to see a pic of Pieces of Eight! I love clean, uncluttered lines, too and have been thinking of a pattern to make a small table topper. Thanks!

So pieces of eight is just 8 1/2 inch squares in whatever you put them in?

auntpiggylpn 08-15-2011 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently did a quilt with rectangles and just arranged them as I saw fit. I didn't know the person really well and wasn't sure of her tastes so I wanted to do something more modern.

lsmft 08-16-2011 03:28 AM

The book "City Quilts" by Cherri House has 12 quilt patterns that would please a person who likes simple and refined.