Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need a fabric fix! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-fabric-fix-t44866.html)

bjdemir 05-08-2010 03:33 PM

I made them just like I would a pot holder only the finished size is about 4 to 4-1/2 inches. Material on both sides with Insulated batting in between. If you need more info PM me, but if you can wait until June it would be better as we leave Monday and will be returning around June 1.

quilt addict 05-08-2010 03:46 PM

I know the feeling. So this week I have been trying to organize some of my UFOs and ironing and refolding some fabric i have. That way I get to touch and play for alittle bit. I am focusing on using what I have and not buying more. It is really hard. :-(

zz-pd 05-10-2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I haven't bought fabric in oh so long! I won't even go in the store right now cause I know I'd just be miserable looking and not being able to buy! So I've done the next best thing. Found the cheapest squares I could on ebay and got a few of them. Now in a week or so I get to oooh and aaaah over fabric and just touch it. And I didn't spend too much! One day though we will win the lottery...or all the kids will move out and money won't be an issue and I can just go and look and buy.

Oh I know what you mean, but I can't buy any at all, because there is not enough money to even pay the house hold bills. thank God my youngest son pays internet or we would not even have that. God bless. Penny

Cathy M 05-10-2010 10:58 PM

Okay, here is the game plan for the kiddos. Groom them to: design fabric, own fabric stores, work in fabric stores, invent items to quilt and sew with.
I have two boys who are in special forces and they always groan when I try and get them to shop for fabric in other countries. Apparently Afghanistan doesn't have a lot of selections right now. Geeeshhhhh.... they never think ahead for their mom. :) :) :) :)

dljennings 05-11-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Okay, here is the game plan for the kiddos. Groom them to: design fabric, own fabric stores, work in fabric stores, invent items to quilt and sew with.
I have two boys who are in special forces and they always groan when I try and get them to shop for fabric in other countries. Apparently Afghanistan doesn't have a lot of selections right now. Geeeshhhhh.... they never think ahead for their mom. :) :) :) :)

please thank your boys for their service!

dotcomdtcm 05-12-2010 02:46 PM

Ginnie,
I inherited a big pile of rose patterned cloth. After making a few quilts for Alzheimer's I got tired of it. I'm not the bed-size quilter.
Can I send you a big gift? Do you make big quilts? Roses on red, white & blue backgrounds. I'd like to share w someone who would really love it. It's gorgeous. No selvage on the cuts but lovely quality!
Dotty

mygirl66 05-13-2010 04:30 AM

Yesterday I stopped at a local upholstry store, and they had scrap bags for $1 ! I bought 5 bags, I also saw they had a LARGE remnant section, and its 75% off. I asked the girl how much the original price was on two pieces of thick white flannel, since it wasnt marked, .25 cents a yard! The flannel I am going to use for an all flannel quilt this winter, the upholstry fabric is going for a crazy quilt for my mother, with each of the kids, grand kids birthdays stiched each on a different square. They told me that new bags get made up once a month, and to keep checking back. I think I have a new favorite store!