Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need your opinions, please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-your-opinions-please-t240747.html)

Annie68 02-10-2014 07:28 AM

I would take the orange out completely, love the mint green and grey.

Annie Pearl 02-10-2014 07:35 AM

I like the mint and gray alone. I'm not an orange fan and I think it draws away from the other colors. I agree, I would ask your daughter she probably knows just what she wants.

kuntryquilter 02-11-2014 03:41 AM

I would do what my daughter asked. After all she is the one you are making the quilt for.

Gerbie 02-11-2014 04:07 AM

You ask- Personally I don't like the orange in this quilt- I think it really takes away from the other two colors. But I don't care too much for adding pop colors either. I you must add another color make it a softer color perhaps a light orchid to go with the soft mint and gray. Orchid and mint go well together maybe light mauve I personally like the grey and green, perhaps you could add another color for the binding. I think I would ask daughter and see what she thinks. I love mint green for babies.
Our quilting group did our annual challenge quilt and it was to be black and white with a pop color. I had more trouble doing this quilt, because to me a black and white quilt is just that, black and white with no other color. I finally added burnt orange and gave it to my son for Christmas - big U-TX. fan and this worked out o.k.

GailG 02-11-2014 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY (Post 6565480)
I like it a lot without the orange. The soft gray and mint looks very modern.

I agree. The orange is too intense. The contrast of the mint and gray is very pretty.

callen 02-11-2014 04:24 AM

I too, think that the orange dominates the quilt a little too much. Very pretty quilt in those "soft" colours & if you really wanted orange, I think I would choose a softer, more muted shade. Just MHO.

quilter2theend 02-11-2014 04:32 AM

I have to agree with other quilters here, the orange is just to stark compared to the other colors, can you substitute a softer pastel orange?

sewnsewsue 02-11-2014 04:38 AM

I think it would be way prettier without the orange. It would be soft and pretty!

brendadawg 02-11-2014 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by playswithcolor (Post 6565381)
Since you asked, if it were mine I would use a softer orange. More like orange sherbet. The intensity of the orange is too much and it's all your eye is drawn to.

I agree. The orange just seems to jump out and grab you, I think not soft enough for a baby.

Maire 02-11-2014 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by nvb50 (Post 6565405)
I would not put the orange in the quilt. I like the way it would look without that stripe that sticks out way too much.

I agree with this, I do not have the ability to visualize what a quilt will look like until it finished, have made mistakes with colors. I did add orange to a quilt, thinking it would be more lively but after it was finished I realized it overwhelmed the quilt, it would have been better without it.