Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I quilt alone!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-quilt-alone-t21315.html)

buggalugs 06-14-2009 03:58 AM

Hello Greenfairy and welcome. I haven't been a member for long, just over a week I think. But the ladies on this board are wonderful :) Lots of different things going on and most importantly... lots of support and fun.
Hope to see you around
Jacqui

CajunQuilter2 06-14-2009 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by tuesy
Welcome from Idaho.....I'm far away from family too. My eldest 2 children live on the East Coast, my parents in the Mid West and we're over here on the West side. So we're pretty strung out as far as distance goes. I'm the only one who has kept up the crafting, sewing, etc. Just recently I started quilting.. or I should say my take on quilting. I'm still learning so much. Being here on this wonderful forum you'll learn so very much. Everyone is so helpful and friendly here.

I love your avatar picture. Is that your own design or a pattern? I would love to know where to get the pattern.

Butterflyspain 06-14-2009 05:00 AM

Hi Judy, welcome to the board from a very hot sunny Spain.

Ask away we love to help and there is always someone here with a tip to help.

Elle

Up North 06-14-2009 05:27 AM

Hi and welcome from another lone quilting from Michigan! I am not a lone quilter anymore and neither are you since you found this board! Now I spend as much time on here as I do at my machine! Everyone loves pictures. This site is full of positive energy!!!

Bevanger 06-14-2009 05:57 AM

I too am a lone quilter. And I've made ALOT of friends here whom I've come to love as I'm sure you will too. I'm by no means a pro , but I love showing my stuff and enjoy seeing others. Welcome to our FAMILY
Waving from Washington State :D

sewnsewer2 06-14-2009 06:13 AM

Welcome to the board. None of my friends I hang out with sew or quilt so I understand.

If you have time, try taking some classes at you local quilt store or join a guild, I did and it sure helps!

This is the best place on the net in my opinion and everyone here is so nice and helpful and caring.

Skeat 06-14-2009 06:46 AM

Also, check out your local quilt guild (you have one!) go to: http://www.quiltguilds.com/utah.htm :D

Butterfli19 06-14-2009 08:12 AM

Funny, when I read the title of this thread I put it to the George Thorogood song - I drink alone, I just substituted quilt for drink. Well, I got a chuckle out of it. :?

Anyway, welcome to our forum!

julie 06-14-2009 08:24 AM

Nancy, I thought of George Thorogood's song, too, when I saw the title. What does that say about us?! :lol: Anyway, I quilt alone, too, I'm a loner. However, when I drink, which is seldom, I drink with family.
Greenfairy, I've learned that being a member of this board means you're never alone. There's always someone to help you with anything and everything. Even though I don't post much, I check it every day.

mpspeedy 06-14-2009 12:07 PM

Judi,
Welcome from Maryland. I am technically a "professional" quilter since I have been paid to hand quilt for other people. I don't consider myself any kind of expert. I began quilting when I was 16 or so. I didn't actually meet another quilter until at least ten years later. I actually had the nerve or stupididty to enter a quilt in the quilt contest for the 100th birthday of the Statue of Liberty. My husband was kind enough to take me to New York to see the exhibit. I was blown away. I had never seen such work. I was embarassed that I actually had the nerve to send them photos of my work. I had never taken a class before then. I still take few classes and am basically self taught. I do now belong to two guilds. I don't usually enter any kind of competions because as long as I am happy with my work other people's thoughts on my work can't bother me. I make a lot of chairity quilts just to use up some of my enormous stash. It gives me the opportunity to make something from fabrics I really didn't need to purchase. My greatest claim to fame is that I usually finish what I start. I have lots of fabrics waiting for a project but no UFOs.