Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I sewed my finger!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-sewed-my-finger-t38547.html)

mary quite contrary 03-03-2010 07:08 PM

I was working on my latest charity quilt today and I sewed my finger. I was very very fortunate. I was doing machine applique using the satin stitch. I had the foot pedal unplugged so it was going pretty fast and it went in and out right beside by finger nail. It didn't stop the machine and it didn't skip a stitch. It just kept right on sewing. No blood on the quilt either. That's what is really important!!

So, want to share your sewing over your finger story?

shaverg 03-03-2010 07:09 PM

Oooooooooooouch Glad you are ok.

drivingsusan 03-03-2010 07:12 PM

OOOwwww! Knock on wood- have not done that ---yet, but have come very close! VERY close!

Chasing Hawk 03-03-2010 07:18 PM

Now you are a true Seamstress, according to Upholstery folklore...lol

I have "clipped" my pointing finger many a time, and while upholstering I have stapled myself to my work before. And it usually happened when my pliers were on the cutting table a few inches out of my reach. They say if you staple yourself to a piece of furniture that's when you know your an upholsterer.

nursie76 03-03-2010 07:20 PM

OMG!!!!!!! What a trooper...you kept going and you didn't bleed! Yowser!

marsye 03-03-2010 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:?

Pickles 03-03-2010 07:32 PM

O my sorry to hear that , thank goodness I've never sewed my finger's yet and sure hope to avoid that ! Glad your doing ok
and you didn't get blood on your quilt.

rivka 03-03-2010 07:36 PM

Ack! That's awful! I'm glad you're okay.

quazyquilter 03-03-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I was working on my latest charity quilt today and I sewed my finger. I was very very fortunate. I was doing machine applique using the satin stitch. I had the foot pedal unplugged so it was going pretty fast and it went in and out right beside by finger nail. It didn't stop the machine and it didn't skip a stitch. It just kept right on sewing. No blood on the quilt either. That's what is really important!!

So, want to share your sewing over your finger story?

30+ years ago, when my baby was learning to walk, I was sewing and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him stumbling towards me. I put out my hand to stop him and sewed my finger!! needle went right into the side, i disconnected the needle from the machine, grabbed baby and ran to neighbor's house, still not looking at my own finger. she called to her husband and he chuckled, took a pair of pliers and pulled it out,put a bandaid on it for me...i went back home and sewed...keeping baby in playpen, much to his chagrin...

renee765 03-03-2010 07:40 PM

I haven't done that with a sewing machine, but I did manage to sew my finger (under the fabric) to my quilt while hand quilting.