Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I think I have a problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-think-i-have-problem-t74219.html)

fabrichore 11-04-2010 08:55 AM

thanks for all the encouraging words, and you are all right maybe I am tired and when you are tired you make mistakes, hence having to pull the whole thing out...and I do hope that I can get back into it soon, because I do miss my fabric...LOL Hugs to you all....

misseva 11-04-2010 08:55 AM

i have the same problem except i'm really old (74) and when i get home i almost never feel like sitting at the sewing machine. most of my sewing is on saturday. i do embroidery or some other hand work while in my recliner. give yourself a break, mother, working outside home, son, husband, etc. have fun but don't beat up on yourself.

katier825 11-04-2010 09:08 AM

Give yourself a break from thinking and do something easy to get back in the swing. Choose an easy pattern that doesn't require a lot of focus to cut or sew. Pick up a couple of charm packs and sew a lap quilt or wall hanging. I too am easily distracted. I save the complicated stuff for when I'm home alone (which isn't often). Once I've got projects cut and bagged, it's easier to sit down and sew a few pieces. :)

wolfkitty 11-04-2010 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
You are tired !

You have a lot going on so it is no wonder that you are having a hard time focusing . It is normal - do not add this stress to your plate :wink: maybe pick something small and fun - just for yourself and give that a try :lol:

Everyone goes into slumps - maybe just come here and enjoy until something strikes your fancy

AND we have great and not so great relationships with our rippers :roll: LOL

I agree. I think you have a lot of things going on it your other life (besides quilting), and it affects your hobbies, the things you take pleasure in. It can be a sign of overload. Anything you can do to change around your regular activities? Does your husband give you support?

quiltsRfun 11-04-2010 09:11 AM

I try to set small goals. Then when I go to bed at night instead of beating myself up for what I didn't do that day, I congratulate myself on what I've accomplished. Even if the list is small it makes me feel better about myself.

Vanuatu Jill 11-04-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22

Originally Posted by KathyAire
You might have the same problem that I have. I have intentions of working on some quilting project. But, I have to just take a quick peek at this forum to see if there is anything that I am missing. Two hours later, my quilting time is gone and I'm still peeking.

Boy can I relate to that!

Ditto!

bearisgray 11-04-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I try to set small goals. Then when I go to bed at night instead of beating myself up for what I didn't do that day, I congratulate myself on what I've accomplished. Even if the list is small it makes me feel better about myself.

Seems like good advice!

loopywren 11-04-2010 09:49 AM

I understand for different reasons I have been the same.. but have you thought of hand sewing, I find watching the television and hand sewing very relaxing, don't plan too much just grab some fabric, whatever tools you need and off you go, doesn't matter what it is, then maybe you will find like I did that the inspiration comes to go in your room and get planning. No rush it is to be enjoyed. I found it helped to ease other problems in my life too.

wolph33 11-04-2010 09:52 AM

nothing is wrong with you-quilting is an art form-you have to feel it.sometimes I go a long time without sewing and then boom and I can't stop.you have to feel ready and creative and it is normal to have lulls

Connie in CO 11-04-2010 09:52 AM

I agree with everyone.Your tired after working all day.
You should see my sewing room.I think i'm a fabric hoarder i buy,i buy and then i can't cut the fabric.