Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If the cost of fabric goes up, will you still quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-cost-fabric-goes-up-will-you-still-quilt-t85952.html)

BettyGee 12-30-2010 10:28 AM

I have fortified my stash with year's end sales and I will keep on quilting. Quilting, bead weaving and reading are what keeps me somewhat sane.

BettyGee 12-30-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD

Originally Posted by hahaannie
One of the quilt stores I go to is telling their customers that the cost of fabric will be going up because of the cost of the raw cotton. If prices go up, will you still quilt?

I will still quilt because I have enough stash to open my own fabric store... it will take me a gazillion years to use it all up. :)

Me too! DH doesn't understand, but when he sees the results I'm sure he'll approve - at least that is my hope.

basketcru 12-30-2010 10:50 AM

Ah.... yes! Remember, quilting probably got it's start when fabric was hard to get...so women cut up good parts of old clothing, and pieced the parts together for warm bedding!! Maybe our quilts will take significant strategic "paths" that lead to some different art forms.

Damsel in DisDress 12-30-2010 10:51 AM

Where there's a will, there's a way! :lol:

basketcru 12-30-2010 10:53 AM

and need I mention, even with rising costs, it's still much, much cheaper than THERAPY!

Justquilting 12-30-2010 10:53 AM

Of course I'd still quilt!!
I'm toooo addicted now! :-)

sunrise450 12-30-2010 11:19 AM

I'll still quilt also! I am trying to use up more of my stash anyway. I will just be purchasing what I need to finish a project or what I need for a favorite swap.

nycquilter 12-30-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by cwessel47
Yes. Are you kidding? It's really the only thing that keeps me somewhat sane.

I say that all the time. If it weren't for quilting, no one could stand to be in the same room with me for more than a minute. However, though I continue to window shop, I made a New Year's resolution for 09 that I would try to decrease the size of my stash. I think I've made 20 quilts just from the stash (yes, fronts and backings) and have yet to make a noticeable dent in the stash. I also save all my scraps and just made two string quilts with backings from the stash. I buy a roll of batting at Hancock's of Paducah and that lasts about 18 months.

so I will NEVER EVER EVER stop quilting. I couldn't even if I tried...And, I will continue to buy fabric. It's sort of like retail therapy raised a few degrees!

Laurie

Momma_K 12-30-2010 12:05 PM

Stop quilting?? ARE YA NUTS!!:shock: I have no habits, don't smoke, don't drink, don't go out, never buy myself anything (I'm a boring person really) so NOPE I'm not going to stop! To many sales, clearances, E-Bay, we exchange among each other here and on other sights to shop so...Nahhhh I'm good. I need to lose weight anyway! I'll drop my A&W and Tea and stick with water! HA! :D :mrgreen:

Momma_K 12-30-2010 12:05 PM

Stop quilting?? ARE YA NUTS!!:shock: I have no habits, don't smoke, don't drink, don't go out, never buy myself anything (I'm a boring person really) so NOPE I'm not going to stop! To many sales, clearances, E-Bay, we exchange among each other here and on other sights to shop so...Nahhhh I'm good. I need to lose weight anyway! I'll drop my A&W and Tea and stick with water! HA! :D :mrgreen: