Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If the cost of fabric goes up, will you still quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-cost-fabric-goes-up-will-you-still-quilt-t85952.html)

barbb baumgardner 12-31-2010 01:47 PM

Yes, I will still quilt. I may go back to the old way of quilting though. You know, like they did it in the olden days...cutting up shirts and dresses etc. Besides that I have a huge stash. :)

jojo47 12-31-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by barbb baumgardner
Yes, I will still quilt. I may go back to the old way of quilting though. You know, like they did it in the olden days...cutting up shirts and dresses etc. Besides that I have a huge stash. :)

If you know of someone who does home sewing, maybe they'll have scraps they'll want to donate. :) My mom used to sew quite a few of my clothes when I was a child, and would give the scraps to my grandmother, and she made them into quilt tops. The Log Cabin quilt she made for me has some very recognizable pieces in it! What memories!

jojosnana 12-31-2010 02:46 PM

Yes

Raggiemom 12-31-2010 02:55 PM

You better believe it!

yellowsnow55 12-31-2010 05:00 PM

Sure will, I like to think quilting keeps me sane. Probably will buy less though and use up some of my stash.

chamby 12-31-2010 05:39 PM

Well of course I will. I may not get to do as many projects, but I will not stop sewing or quilting. I do not stop driving because gas prices are going up. I just shop smarter.

crazyforquilting 12-31-2010 06:06 PM

I have a small quilt shop in my home and I have to go up on my prices a little also. The price did go up but that's not stopping me from buying and selling to the public. My prices are not going to go up that much. I try to help all the ladies out.

lclang 12-31-2010 07:33 PM

Yes, there are ways to continue quilting even if you cannot afford the high priced stuff. Watch the garage/rummage sales, thrift shops, ask your sewing friends what they do with their scraps. During the depression most of the people I knew could not afford to buy new so they used flour sacks, good parts of worn/outgrown clothing, scraps from other sewing projects, etc. We can do the same if we just make up our minds to think outside the box! Quilt on!

sewaholic 01-01-2011 12:13 AM

Yeah definately - but will buy a bit more carefully - not so much on impulse.

craftyone27 01-01-2011 12:36 AM

I may have to buy a bit less, unless DH gets a raise-lol. I do hope folks will continue to support our LQS - they have been around 23 years and are a good shop with dependable service for the machines and a good trade-in plan. I would really hate to see them go out of business. As for whoever is taking over JoAnn's, I'm already not crazy about them. They want $14 a yard for quilt fabric from Debbie Mumm. Not that crazy about most of her fabrics anyway, but certainly won't pay more than LQS prices for a JoAnn fabric!