Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If the cost of fabric goes up, will you still quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-cost-fabric-goes-up-will-you-still-quilt-t85952.html)

JeanDal 01-01-2011 06:40 PM

If at all possible.

shequilts 01-01-2011 06:44 PM

I can't stop. It's a compulsion. At least I have something to show for my addiction.. QUILTS!

Melinda in Tulsa 01-02-2011 08:49 AM

Yes, I will continue to quilt. I think I have a decent size stash now, thanks to friends liquidating their stash, a couple of super good ebay purchases and my DH's encouraging shopping trip on NYD, I think I'm set for quite away. Yes, most of my quilts will be scrappy, as I was not overly picky on color since the price was right, but hey, I love scrappy!

Thank goodness for a little extra Christmas money, I'm now set on batting too!

joivey 01-02-2011 09:33 AM

yes, what else could I do with my time.
Jo Ann

mayday 01-03-2011 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by hahaannie
One of the quilt stores I go to is telling their customers that the cost of fabric will be going up because of the cost of the raw cotton. If prices go up, will you still quilt?

Of course! I don't stop eating because the cost of food goes up :roll: :lol:

Too true!!!!!!!!

CraftyGardenMom 01-03-2011 11:13 AM

Yes, I will absolutely still quilt. I am on a mission this year to use 90% from my stash anyways, so unless it's a fabric I absolutely need to complete a project, the rising costs won't bother me.

I am also counting my blessings we're in a financial positon now that both DH and I can "indulge" our hobbies a little more than we have in the past..and his playing golf ain't cheap, LOL.

Tanesha

BizyStitches 01-03-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

One of the quilt stores I go to is telling their customers that the cost of fabric will be going up because of the cost of the raw cotton. If prices go up, will you still quilt?

Of course! I don't stop eating because the cost of food goes up :roll: :lol:

This is exactly what I was going to say. Too funny.

marla 01-06-2011 01:56 PM

I have so much fabric, that I will buy those extra pieces to fill in. And I will have to pick out batting. Butttt.....I will look for sales like I always do.
Marla

quilterguy27 01-10-2011 11:48 AM

I also will continue to quilt. I have a stash, but not that extensive. We can resort to the ways of the frontier men and women. Recycle, reuse, repurpose. I will be making quilts out of whatever I can get my hands on. Isn't that how it all started anyway? Necessity is the Mother of invention. Where there's a will, there's a way.

lynmccoy 01-10-2011 04:28 PM

I definately will.I have MS and my doctor said that quilting probably has a big part in keeping the muscles in my hands and legs from drawing up. So that's health-wise. Brain-wise,quilting gives me something to focus on daily. I can't work anymore,so without quilting my mind would just be occupied with what I couldn't do . Then there's money-wise. Making and selling quilts is what provides birthdays,Christmas,and most important home insurance, home repair, and furnture replacement as it is needed.