Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If someonelocked you in your sewing room.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-someonelocked-you-your-sewing-room-t67685.html)

Annz 10-03-2010 08:22 AM

ow! Good ?. I think I would first clean the room up then get started and would probably never get out of the room as I have so much fabric etc.

nuttyhurricane 10-03-2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
Way more that I could ever use in my lifetime! I would not even venture a guess as to the yardage I have put away in my sewing room...the really sad part is no one in my family will ever use all I leave when I depart this world.

Time to make new friends and gifting it away so your poor family won't have to figure out what to do with it all. There is saying that says "You can't take it with you." K

grannypat7925 10-03-2010 10:17 AM

I would need a looooong time. Don't know how many quilts I could make but sure would lose some weight.

AkAngel 10-03-2010 12:11 PM

Well I just spent a good time reading all 11 pages of this.
I must say like most I could probably make near 100 tops, but I doubt I have the batting for more than 2 more large quilts.I bought backing recently for my rr I did here on the board last year so that would be one of the first completed. Oh, I don't quilt so could we have them taken to our long arm person When they were ready to go? I would also need rotary blades, needles, thread etc delivered from time to time or maybe I would ask for that time out to keep from going to stir crazy, but would have to be very limited as to not blow any process made at the LQS.
I have the downstairs of our house pretty much for my sewing/crafting now that the kids moved back out. I also have a bedroom (which has a closet full of crochet yarns and threads) and a 3/4 bathroom and the laundry area down there.
I do have a small fridge although no stove or sink other than the bathroom sink. But if the groceries were provided and my slow cooker and microwave I could do o.k..
I do have a t.v. and c.d/radio there also. But I must say if my computer was down there I probably would still spend way to much time on it and not get as many quilt tops made as possible. As for my animals they would have to be allowed in for love time or none of it would be worth it to me.
Muriel

GailG 10-03-2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33
rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish

Same here! I'd better get a coffee pot and snacks in there -- NOW!

purplefiend 10-03-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by wolph33
rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish

I'd still be there, sewing and cutting as a ghost. rofl :lol:

Pins n' Ndls 10-03-2010 02:33 PM

DA Mayer...Love your precious avatar.

Olivia's Grammy 10-03-2010 02:56 PM

Me too, I would die before I used all the fabric I have. Do I get to come out for thread or batting?

pattilynn 10-03-2010 06:41 PM

Someone please lock me in. I have 4 tops made, 4 halfway finished. hmmmmmmmmm a ton of fabric. but a week would be heaven

Robbi24 10-03-2010 07:43 PM

Would love to try. I have fabric all through the house, with projects to make 30 or 40 tops but not enough batting and backing to finish them. I would love to try 8 hrs a day 3 to 4 days a week forever, sounds great