Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If someonelocked you in your sewing room.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-someonelocked-you-your-sewing-room-t67685.html)

crideout 10-04-2010 09:22 AM

I would be to old to do anything when they let me out

Ilovemydogs 10-04-2010 11:52 AM

I could do a ton of tops, but I would need lots of food and my sewing room doesn't have enough space for that! :-)

madamekelly 10-04-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by earlylace
no cooking or cleaning, only sewing, I dare you to lock me up!

I'm with you!

madamekelly 10-04-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady37
Could I go across the hall to another room. I also have fabric in that bedroom? LOL

See...? under restriction, and already asking for privledges!

quilterfly 10-04-2010 06:22 PM

I'm with most of you, what a joy to be locked in my sewing room until I finish up the fabric. I don't think I'll live that long, but I have fabric for probably 150 quilts, tops & backing, maybe not batting.

DeniseP 10-05-2010 08:42 AM

I don't even want to go there. As it is, I have been put on this earth to accomplish many things (mostly quilts) and right now I'm so behind, I'll never die.
But a time out in my sewing room would be terrific.

TexasGurl 10-05-2010 08:51 AM

Can't even guess, I have enough to work on for probably 20+ years !
Got everything I could possibly need - except I'd def have to order more batting ... and food ... new contacts ... cut a door to the bathroom ... hmmm
but what a way to GO !! Surrounded by fabric !! :)

craftiladi 10-05-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
"If someonelocked you in your sewing room...."

It sounds like it would be a blessing and joy and I would have to thank God for the opportunity.

But, just like Wolph, I would probably die and never finish.

Yep I have to agree...I had planned on doing nothing but sewing today but the house hasn't been deep cleaned in over a mth and I just couldn't take it anymore. I envy those of you that can just ignore the "other" stuff

GailG 10-05-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Originally Posted by KathyAire
"If someonelocked you in your sewing room...."

It sounds like it would be a blessing and joy and I would have to thank God for the opportunity.

But, just like Wolph, I would probably die and never finish.

Yep I have to agree...I had planned on doing nothing but sewing today but the house hasn't been deep cleaned in over a mth and I just couldn't take it anymore. I envy those of you that can just ignore the "other" stuff

Well, actually I don't ignore the other stuff. I see it, I know it's there, but it's a matter of priorities. My priorities changed in 1998. That was the year I had cancer and a stroke.

Grandma Cindy 10-06-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by wolph33
rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish

Heh. I know, right?

Like a hundred, except I know I don't have near enough backing or batting for that. SO, 10 finished quilts and 90 quilt tops.

:lol:

you go girl.......