Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you fall in love with a fabric... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-fall-love-fabric-t219787.html)

NikkiLu 04-23-2013 09:50 AM

I have been more sorry for the things that I have not bought than the things that I did buy. HTH

nygal 04-23-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6020536)
Buy it - if you're thinking about it enough to be writing about on here, it says a lot.

Life's too short - you'll regret it if you don't.

I agree. Buy it if you can.

quilter1943 04-23-2013 01:47 PM

I can show you a closet full of fabric for which I had no specific use when I bought it. I do use it, wouldn't buy fabric any other way. Always gives me something else to shop for also -- fabric to go with the fabric for which I had no specific use!!! I just love it all.

grandjan 04-23-2013 01:53 PM

I'd say buy it. Heaven knows I've done it enough. Just be sure you get enough to do something with. My rule of thumb for fabric I really love is three yards. If it calls you that way, though, you should get it even if you just sit around and admire it!

trolleystation 04-23-2013 04:28 PM

How about making a wallhanging for yourself and you can be the 'little girl'?

MadQuilter 04-23-2013 04:34 PM

That's why I have a room full of stash. Absolutely would I buy it. Word of warning - it can get out of hand and eventually, you may want to actually use some of those fabrics. lol

Janice McC 04-23-2013 04:44 PM

LOL! This is exactly what I was thinking about today when I found a vintage pink and white quilt for sale online. I thought it was lovely and exactly what I'd have liked as a little girl - and still do! I'm going to a LQS tomorrow "just to look" at fabrics. Apparently there's still a little girl in me even though I'm the other side of 50!

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6021102)
Have you ever had a baby quilt of your own? Make yourself, your "little girl self", a quilt, label it as such and enjoy every moment under it! We ALL have a part of ourselves that has never grown up.:)

Jan in VA

maminstl 04-23-2013 04:56 PM

i guess i am the dissenter here. i would be madly looking for a pattern or trying to come up with a specific idea for the fabric before buying it. there are several fabric lines that i look at all the time, but cant bring myself to spend the money until i at least have a plan. part of me would love to just stash, but i just dont do it

meldmac 04-23-2013 05:12 PM

I woul buy it but then again I have no willpower.

Nammie to 7 04-23-2013 05:14 PM

I saw a quilt kit in Houston that I fell in love with - looked at it for 6 days - when I decided to buy it they were out of stock. Ended up calling that shop a month later and ordered it then. I never stopped wanting that kit and am so happy I bought it. It has all been washed and ironed and is waiting for me to cut into it. Buy it - you are worth it.