Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you fall in love with a fabric... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-fall-love-fabric-t219787.html)

SueSew 04-24-2013 07:25 AM

BUY IT!!! I saw a great Asian print I thought would be brilliant to make a wall hanging quilt for my sister-in-law. I didn't buy it - Hanako's treasures - and it is gone gone gone. There will never be another one. The next year I was ready to make her a quilt (I have been practicing on my family, one quilt at a time!) I ended up making something else in a floral/seashore look. She was looking at fabric with me recently and saw some Asian prints and raved about them. She would have loved Hanako but it is too late. :(

Pat625 04-24-2013 07:41 AM

I would buy it!! I prefer yardage over precuts tho...Just as the fabric calls to you- a pattern for it will to one of these days.

Snooze2978 04-24-2013 08:17 AM

If the fabric sings to me, I buy even without any project in mind. Maybe that's how come I have all this fabric. I know eventually I'll find a project for the fabric.......maybe. My sister though she doesn't sew, she loves to look and feel all the luscious fabrics. So you don't have to sew to love fabric.

Suz in Iowa

Stitchit123 04-24-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6020536)
Buy it - if you're thinking about it enough to be writing about on here, it says a lot.

Life's too short - you'll regret it if you don't.

I agree 100% When a fabric takes possession of you it's just better to bring it home with you. Think of all the gas you'll save on visits. LOL And eventually you will have GranBabies that will need quilts.. Ya GOTTA think about the far off future -cotton will cost so much more and by stashing fabrics now think off all the money you /and the rest of us will be saving ...This is what I tell every one who comments on my mini-fabric store.

Yosamitesa 04-24-2013 08:38 AM

Yep. I buy EVERY Fleur de Lis fabric I can find. Don't know what I will make with them, but I buy them!!!

crafty pat 04-24-2013 08:42 AM

I just can't walk away from fabric I love. I always buy at least three yards so I am sure I have enough when in find a pattern I want to use with it.

ArtsyOne 04-24-2013 08:50 AM

Love the Posey - I may have to buy it to go along with the Sherbet Pips also by Aneela Hooey. I don't have any little girls to make a pink quilt for either, but I love the fabric and every time I go through my stash it makes me happy to look at it. You'll love looking at the Posey too. Buy it.

owlvamp 04-24-2013 09:16 AM

Just buy it you will regret later you let it slip through your fingers.

Rose_P 04-24-2013 09:58 AM

Make a hope chest for unborn grandchildren. Many people are delaying starting their families until they are much older than previous generations were, and who knows if you'll be up to making quilts by the time they might be needed!
~signed: "Enabler"

mimiknoxtaylor 04-24-2013 10:01 AM

When I fall in love with a fabric I buy it. Usually only 1 yard if I have no idea what I want to do with it. If it puts a pattern in my mind's eye I get 2 & 1/2 yards. Of course that's why I have a massive stash & have to rein myself in for the next couple of years. Lol!