Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a room for quilting..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-room-quilting-t48436.html)

Kitsie 06-06-2010 01:33 PM

A very pale peach or peachy-taupe would be nice.

Deecee 06-06-2010 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
DeeCee, i see you collection of JoSonja paints in the corner :D

Do you think I can get commission for advertising the JS brand? :-D

lkcantwell 06-06-2010 02:02 PM

My sewing room is in an out-building and it is covered with shelves floor to ceiling on 3 sides. It is a pale gray, and the shelves display all my treasures, including my fabric, beading, family heirlooms, etc. It is old-fashioned chabby chic, but I love it. I have a TV, plenty of music, and all my stuff for making me happy while sewing and quilting.

kapatt 06-06-2010 02:11 PM

My sewing room use to be my daughter's bedroom. She had painted it a lovely sunshine yellow. (It's not to bright nor to muted.) It is a very cheerful place to work. I enjoy my time working in there.

EdieClay 06-06-2010 02:14 PM

The walls in my craft studio are hot pink ... it is fun, sassy, creative, and definitely fit for a "diva!" I love going in that room; it makes me smile! And the hot pink color makes my husband nervous to spend much time in there ...

mrsmail 06-06-2010 02:14 PM

I have wood floors, which make up for fast cleaning up. One wall is windows, I have pink and white curtains on those, all the other walls are filled with sewing supplies, floor to ceiling, except for the space where there is a stone fireplace. I do not use it and would like to cover it up so that I could use it for my design wall. The room is about 14 x 20. I need twice that size, but am thankful to have that much space of my own.

Kitsie 06-06-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by EdieClay
The walls in my craft studio are hot pink ... it is fun, sassy, creative, and definite fit for a "diva!" I love going in that room; it makes me smile! And it makes my husband nervous to spend much time in there ...

You know, Edie, I read somewhere that one of the prisons was going with hot pink because for some reason it seems to calm the prisoners! LOL

baglady65 06-06-2010 02:55 PM

My sewing room is Purple with white cabinets and black tile floor with a light grey counter tops. Right now if needs to be cleaned out I only have a path down the middle and enough room for my chair to move around. I have 2 windows one faces west so get the hot sun, have a white curtain there so it bright in the light.

Tally Kathy 06-06-2010 03:15 PM

Mine is a light, minty green. White sheer curtains, black, very basic furniture - day bed , TV stand and sewing table are all black wood. I wish I had wood or tile or laminate floors - I have beige carpeting.

eiltcoq 06-06-2010 03:15 PM

stitchinfrenzy, I saw some information on creativity and it mentioned peach, coral family of colors. My husband painted a second room for me and I want to put a quilting machine in it.
Eiltcoq.